Tell me bout the Skreddy Screwdriver

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I have one on order. I am not a Fuzz guy per se so I don't know what compelled me to buy one. There must be more to this pedal. I know My Mcfuzz has MORE to offer than just fuzz is the SD like that as well?:hide

2. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

The Screwdriver is an amazing pedal. The most touch sensitive pedal I have played. Really usable gain range. Nice overdrive tones and gets into some fuzz territory. Not Big Muff type fuzz, but more like a Fuzz Face. The overdrive has this really cool grit to it, even on lighter settings. The 2 trimpots add alot of versatility in dialing it in with different guitars/pickup combinations. The sharpness control is very well designed.
    My Screwdriver has been on my board for at least a year and a half. I cannot say that about any other pedals I've owned.

I sent mine back to Marc for some mods and really miss it. Hopefully I'll have it back soon.

Let us know how you like it when you get it. The wait sucks, but is well worth it.

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Thanks!

4. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

What kinda mods?

5. pbone

pbone Member

Its Not A Fuzz

6. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

According to the Skreddy site; "This unique Skreddy Pedals design features a mosfet treble-boost input stage followed by a highly modified, tightly-controlled, hybrid fuzz circuit."

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  7. geetarman

geetarman Member

Probably one of the most versatile od's out there and I've used plenty definitely worth trying IMO.

8. jb1911

jb1911 Member

It's not only about the most versatile dirt pedal, it's the most dynamic, too. Everyone that craves great tone should have one. Just buy one Aldo and live happily ever after.

9. Seegs

Seegs Member

it's the rock rhythm sound of all my favorite players and bands from the 60/70's rolled into one box...also can be used as a great touch sensitive solo pedal as well...really like how it sounds and its tons of fun to play...I get lost in mine...

Chow,
    Seegs

10. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Thanks! I have one on order from Brad. I should be able to dial it in easily but may PM ya with a Q or so!!:dude

11. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

+1. Couldn't have described the SD better... :dude