tell me how much does a Marshall cab with V30s costs and where can i find one??

gishlullmoon

I need to know the price of a marshall cab with v30s, how much should it be buying one used??

where can i find one that specifically has v30s??

if 1960AV has v30s, how come it says it has another speaker type half the type and other people keep telling me other speakers come with that cab also???

a few months back at my local store they had a marshall cab with v 30s, i havents been there since, but i was there last week, but totally forgot they had it...... i'm gonna see if they still have it, they said it was $800 few months back.....is that a good pricefor it used???

i'm playing a mini rectifier and Raven solid state amps through my mesa 4x12, and am seeking marshall 4x12 with v30s......

I'm wanting to trade in my mini rectifier for the marshall cab with V30S and use my raven through the mesa and marshall cabs since i play only at low volumes, the raven beats the mesa mini at low volumes in my opinion............i can get tone more gain saturation with it......

the matching raven cab is nothing compared to playing out of the mesa cab i have...... i also have a marhsall cab with gt12-75 sounds horrible i never use it it s way too scooped........

i'm just going by my ears but my raven solid state just kicks ass i don't know why but it does..... are all solid states this good????? everyone says raven is a joke....... i haven't found an amp/or sound i like as much yet........nails that nirvana/smashing pumpkins tone.....grunge/alt rock punk.....

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
First of all I agree with you about the "stock" G12t75 speakers. They are terrible. $800 for a used Marshall 1960a is pretty steep even if it's loaded with V30s. The 1960 AV comes with a Marshall branded speaker from Celestion that is reportedly a Vintage 30. Celestion has always said its just a different label. Same speaker.
As unique as the Mesa 4x12 sound is to a Marshall, you may find a second 4x12 cab with V30s redundant. Could consider G12h30 or something too. You might want to sell your quad of 75's and buy 4 new ones for your current Marshall cab.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Hmm… most Mesas out there have V30s. Yours probably does, too.

To get to your question: In the US, you can often find one on Craigslist for around $500. Guitar Center $500-$650.

WhoJamFan

Just replace the 75s in your Marshall with V30s and sell them on Ebay or whatever. That way, you know exactly what you're getting and can make back some of the V30 money and not have to buy another cab. Since you'll never use the 75s anyways, why keep them? Also, the boxes the V30s come in can be used to ship the 75s out in.

kselbee

Silver Supporting Member
I need to know the price of a marshall cab with v30s, how much should it be buying one used??

if 1960AV has v30s, how come it says it has another speaker type half the type and other people keep telling me other speakers come with that cab also???

a few months back at my local store they had a marshall cab with v 30s, i havents been there since, but i was there last week, but totally forgot they had it...... i'm gonna see if they still have it, they said it was $800 few months back.....is that a good pricefor it used???

i'm playing a mini rectifier and Raven solid state amps through my mesa 4x12, and am seeking marshall 4x12 with v30s......

I'm wanting to trade in my mini rectifier for the marshall cab with V30S and use my raven through the mesa and marshall cabs since i play only at low volumes, the raven beats the mesa mini at low volumes in my opinion............i can get tone more gain saturation with it......

the matching raven cab is nothing compared to playing out of the mesa cab i have...... i also have a marhsall cab with gt12-75 sounds horrible i never use it it s way too scooped........

i'm just going by my ears but my raven solid state just kicks ass i don't know why but it does..... are all solid states this good????? everyone says raven is a joke....... i haven't found an amp/or sound i like as much yet........nails that nirvana/smashing pumpkins tone.....grunge/alt rock punk.....
Where are you located? I've got a mint Marshall 1960av with v30s that I'd give you a good deal on.

Hefalump

I would buy some warehouse guitar speakers to put in your can. $300 or so will do it.

JB6464

Silver Supporting Member
I would get an Avatar Speakers cabinet , they will load what ever you want for $650.00 .
And they will give you choices of Tolex , speakers , wiring , and grill cloth colors .
I own two Avatar Speakers Vintage 4X12 cabinet which has the same specs as a 1960 Marshall cabs and could'nt be happier . :aok

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
Im not as big of a fan of V30s in a Marshall cab as I am Mesas. There is a stiffness to a 1960 that doesnt mix well with the V30 for me in the Marshall. Oddly enough I liked the sound of the V30- in the Mesa Stiletto cab even better then the oversized and the Stiletto is very close to a Marshall. V30 in a Bogner is my jam. I still think if the OP has V30s in both a Mesa and a Marshall, there is redundancy there that will keep one of those in the corner. That might be ok, maybe you just sell one off. I would consider a different speaker type.

B Money

It's also worth noting that the V30s that Mesa uses are somewhat customized for them by Celestion, so not really the same speaker in a Marshall 1960AV.

$800 for a used 1960AV is ludicrous. There is very little market for these big heavy 4x12 cabs anymore, I see them listed on Craigslist for $300-$500 regularly, and they typically don't sell. Problem is; guys have so much money wrapped up in these monsters that they can't bear to let them go for $250-$350, which is about the max that anyone is will to spend on them.

Hefalump

First of all I agree with you about the "stock" G12t75 speakers. They are terrible. $800 for a used Marshall 1960a is pretty steep even if it's loaded with V30s. The 1960 AV comes with a Marshall branded speaker from Celestion that is reportedly a Vintage 30. Celestion has always said its just a different label. Same speaker.
As unique as the Mesa 4x12 sound is to a Marshall, you may find a second 4x12 cab with V30s redundant. Could consider G12h30 or something too. You might want to sell your quad of 75's and buy 4 new ones for your current Marshall cab.
Actually, I have to disagree a bit. Once Broken in, and at high volume, the G12T75s sound fantastic. I have grown to like mine enough, that I have put a purchase of greenback cab on hold for now. I do have to turn down my presence and treble, BUT, that is why those knobs are on the front of the amp.

Interesting story:

FYI: There is a fellow who has a great video demo of the Marshall Vintage Modern. He runs it into a cab with G12T75s and V30s in an X pattern. He always thought that he had the V30 Miked up on the cab.......TURNS OUT he had the G12T75 miked up and noted how good it sounded vs the V30.

dju

I was looking to replace the g12t75's in one of my cabinets when I lucked out and found a real clean marshall 1960av cabinet with vintage 30's at guitar center for $400.
cost less than buying 4 new celestion speakers and I got a free cabinet.
down side is now I have another 4x12 cabinet taking up space.

dj

ronmail65

Gold Supporting Member
2 great suggestions have been made above that I would strongly advise as well...

- Save a few hundred bucks and order yourself a new custom Avatar cabinet with Vintage 30's. Sell the Marshall cab as 'stock' and get most of your money back to cover the cost of the Avatar.
- Or replace the speakers in your existing Marshall cab with Vintage 30's and sell the G12T75s (if you can).

Marshall 4x12 prices for 1960 cabs have really jumped in the last few years. Especially if they have upgraded speakers. Marshall cabinets are nice, but nothing special compared to Avatar or other quality manufacturers. Certainly not special enough to justify the higher price.

jpage

Used Marshall 4x12s on CL here in the Boston area go for $350/$400 if you are patient. Every few weeks an unloaded one comes up for a couple hundred.

Look for the Mode Four cabs--one of those models used the "Marshall V30s", usually sell used for $250-$400 depending on condition. Same dimensions as the Mesa cabs I believe. I have one here and it is a fantastic cab.

stratotastic

I'll echo what others have said about a Marshall AV/BV cab going in the $350 range, at least around here. No matter where you are, $800 for one is absurd. Just sell the cab with the 75s and put it towards an AV/BV cab. Be much easier than swapping out the speakers.

Phletch

Just keep the Mesa cab. Given your fickle history, you'll never know the difference.

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
+1, $800 is absurd.

Not much of a market for these things anymore. (Unfortunately..!)

sg~guy

-dude-

-you already have what your asking for!!

-look inside the MESA cab and see what the speakers are!... yup!!.. V-30's!!! AND!!! NOT JUST ANY V-30!!!!!

-there's millions of pages of great information on CELESTION V-30's and there many variations-(check it out with the search function)-

-it's a common fact that the consensus is that the 2 best CELESTION V-30's are the original MARSHALL V-30's-(they have a gold and black label and it says MARSHALL on the top & VINTAGE on the bottom)- and the MESA CELESTION V-30's..-(when you search for more info on the different V-30 variants there will be db/voicing graphs on all of them,.. all the different V-30 variants have a different voicing/mid spike,... the newer V-30's have a very unpleasant mid spike often called "ICE PICK MID's"

-I have both the original "MARSHALL V-30" & the propriety "MESA V-30"- ya cant go wrong with either variant,.. but there the only 2 CELESTION V-30 I would own-

-so if it matters to you,.. take the MESA V-30's out of the MESA cab,.. and put them in the MARSHALL cab...

-if it were me,.... I would leave them in the MESA cab,.. it's a far superior cab than your MARSHALL cab,..

-on a side note- V-30's & 75's-(in a "X" pattern)-are a very, very, popular mix with the metal players-

-so this bit of information has saved you a bundle of ca$h!!... so send it to me for letting you in the know!,.. or put it towards a mans amp,.. at the very least try a MARSHALL DSL,..

-"are all S.S. amps this good!!!" no,.. they all suck-(just my worthless opinion)- but if S.S. is what ya like,.. try a RANDALL S.S. or a MARSHALL MODE 4..

-CLOSE THE THREAD!!

-another problem solved by SG~GUY!!!

-I'm SG~GUY and I support this post-

Im not as big of a fan of V30s in a Marshall cab as I am Mesas. There is a stiffness to a 1960 that doesnt mix well with the V30 for me in the Marshall. Oddly enough I liked the sound of the V30- in the Mesa Stiletto cab even better then the oversized and the Stiletto is very close to a Marshall. V30 in a Bogner is my jam. I still think if the OP has V30s in both a Mesa and a Marshall, there is redundancy there that will keep one of those in the corner. That might be ok, maybe you just sell one off. I would consider a different speaker type.

You may want to tell this to Slash and some others.

Hefalump

I was looking to replace the g12t75's in one of my cabinets when I lucked out and found a real clean marshall 1960av cabinet with vintage 30's at guitar center for $400.
cost less than buying 4 new celestion speakers and I got a free cabinet.
down side is now I have another 4x12 cabinet taking up space.

dj

How does the 2 cabs compare running with a Marshall?

Balok

Actually, I have to disagree a bit. Once Broken in, and at high volume, the G12T75s sound fantastic. I have grown to like mine enough, that I have put a purchase of greenback cab on hold for now. I do have to turn down my presence and treble, BUT, that is why those knobs are on the front of the amp.

Interesting story:

FYI: There is a fellow who has a great video demo of the Marshall Vintage Modern. He runs it into a cab with G12T75s and V30s in an X pattern. He always thought that he had the V30 Miked up on the cab.......TURNS OUT he had the G12T75 miked up and noted how good it sounded vs the V30.
I believe the 75 was designed for high volume hard rock ala the 80's. That's why EVH and YJM like them - they play plenty loud onstage. Most of us here would get evicted from any venue we play, including concert stages, if we played at that volume. For lower volume good tones, the V30 is a charm. But I have never liked 4 V30s in a Marshall cab, it's just too congested. A mix with some other slightly different voiced speakers is fine.

Trending Topics