1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me more about Naylor amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mcormier, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mcormier

mcormier Guest

the super club 38 and duel 38 seem very interesting. But i want to know more, what do they sound like? Opinions? comparisons?

Maxim

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have a SC 38 and love it. I own a bunch of other high end amps and the Naylor is #1. I just bought a Super Drive 60 so I'll have to see how that compares.

They sound like a really good Marshall, not as shrill in the upper mids, or strident in the highs. The lows are tight. They have more gain than a JMP and take pedals very well. The loop works great with my TC Nova or TC 2290.

The amp is loud but the master works incredibly. I like it best with a THD 2x12 with Celestion Blues. It is the perfect club amp. Even sounds great at bedroom volumes.

3. mcormier

mcormier Guest

GAT,

Thanks. Based on your description, the Naylor seems to be perfect for me. I'm going to have to try one out.

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

They are really cool. I don't know how the new ones are, they swear it's the same amp, but you never know.

There were two for sale two days ago, I bought one within minutes of it being posted and have received two emails from guys wanting it should I not like it.

I've owned many amps, but when I plug in to mine it feels like home.

5. mcormier

mcormier Guest

I sent you an email by the way

6. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom Member

7. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

One of the best sounding amps I have EVER played through, kicking myself for not buying a silver limited edition full stack in '94 for a good price too, right from Danny Russell himself!

8. NaylorStrat

NaylorStrat Member

I have one of the Texas made Super Drive Sixty Heads...most dynamic amp I've ever played. I don't think I've ever come across anyone who flat out didn't like their Naylor...and if anyone doesn't, I'll take it off your hands!!! :p