Tell me more about the Bill Nash Timewarp

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by rotren, Jun 8, 2008.

1. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    The Bill Nash Timewarp S series caught my eye. How are these Lollar pickups? Similar in sound to Fender Custom Shop '54s?

Are the Dunlop 6105 frets thin, medium or jumbo?

Looks like very nice strats. Do you think Fender will sue him for making them?

Let me know what you think of these guitars, if you have experience with them.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Casey S

Casey S Silver Supporting Member

I have a Nash s63, and it is a very nice guitar. I would say that it is not quite as bright as most strat's i have heard, but in a good way. I have gotten a lot of complements about that guitar, and several have said that it is not as bright as most strat style guitars. The guitar also plays like a dream. It will get you the traditional strat tones as well. The lollar pickups sound great in my opinion, they have amazing clarity and dynamics. It is one of my main guitars, and i think it will be sticking around for a while.

3. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

6150s are medium jumbo but not giant like 6100s that are on my Nash S-63. It's the best stratoid I've ever owned.

It is warm and fat but still gets the serious cluck in the 2nd and 4th position. However, I have Rio Grandes (Vintage Tallboys and a Half-Breed in the bridge) in my S....love them. I used Fralins for years and still love them but didn't even consider changing the Rios....they sound great.

The Lollars sound awesome too. I've played the Blackface Lollars and they are a good combo of vintage with a little push. The Custom 54s have some serious vintage beauty and are closer to Lollar's Tweed series, I believe.

I prefer flat poles (easy to pick without hitting the poles) but I love pickups closer to vintage output...then I gas the amplifier!:D

4. lowburn

lowburn Member

Bill makes some of the best relics out there and at a price that no one is really competing with. His relic-ing is fantastic. The necks really feel like they've been sweated on for 40+ years! The hybrid sets of Lollars that come standard in the Nash S guitars are now my favorite single coils for strats. They capture that vintage bell-like tone without being thin or harsh. Any other happy Nash owners out there?

5. MJM

MJM Member

Do all of the Nash strats come with a 5-way pickup switch or are some wired 3-way? Thanks

6. WillHardy

WillHardy Member

I have a Nash and enjoy it very much. I like the relicing on mine, very subtle and well done. As others have said, the neck is so smooth to play and the set up is amazing, so easy to barre chords.

I thought that he already resolved any legal troubles with Fender.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008