Tell me more about the Fuchs TDS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by justonwo, Feb 11, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Supporting Member

Specifically the dirty channel. What type of sound is it designed for? The clips seem to suggest that it's a smooth-as-butter fusion type amp for lead. What else can it do?

2. twangbanger

twangbanger Supporting Member

I didn't bond w/ the dirty channel,it had gain for days, but in a R+R band seemed real loose on the low end. not suited for rhythm or lead in my case. Strictly my opinion as many love this amp! The clean channel is probably the best clean i've heard. Strongly recommend that you sit down and spend some time playing on it to see if it's your cup of tea, Tone is a very subjective thing and better to rely on your ears than someone elses.
    Good Luck.

3. justonwo

justonwo Supporting Member

My band is mostly a combination of modern and classic rock, and sometimes even metal.

4. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

I think it could do all your styles even Metal with the right pedal, but I would go for the 100w. Very versatile amp, just not that big booming bottom end that you would associate with Marshall style amps. Perhaps the Viper would suit your style better.

5. Festus

Festus Supporting Member

On the one hand, I think it can do what you're looking for. I wouldn't characterize is as a Marshall vibe, either, and whether it will do metal the way you'd want it to, I really don't know. It does have quite a bit of gain on tap if you want it by way of the internal trim pots.

On the other hand, it does the fusion thing and med-to-medhigh gain smooth overdrive VERY well - it excels at it, which is why I got the TDS 50. And the clean channel is dynamite. I'm just not a channel switching Marshall-style guy as it turns out.

Your best bet is to see if you can try one out for a while. Right out of the box I dug mine, though getting know everything that the amp can do will take some time.

The Fuchs Viper might be better suited to you, as Playloud suggested. There's no info at the Fuchs website yet, I think winter NAMM was it's debut.

6. theHoss

theHoss Member