• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tell me the last Guitar you got rid of and why

maccampbells

I'm getting real tired of the honeymoon reviews. I myself am guilty of this too. It's a lot easier to write about something when you are excited about it rather than blasse. So I'd like to hear a review of a guitar as you got rid of it, not as you recieved it.

Mine was recently a PRS SE EG. Solid with upgrades, but bland. Seemed Ok to try since it was so cheap.

teletroy

Micheal Kelly Patriot Custom - loved the guitar, played great, looked great - I couldn't get used to the pickup switch location

Foster

Ibanez Artist AR-300 reissue.

Couldn't do anything my Yamaha SBG can't do and I needed the space.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Most of the guitars I let go are because I want something else. No real "bad guitar" stories here...

GAD

candid_x

Squire CV Tele. Sounded and looked good, but even with my small hands I couldn't deal with the gossamer neck.

buddastrat

I owned 3 PRS' a long time ago. I kept going back because they look so damn nice. Not the flame, or glassy finish, but the shape of them. I think they're sexy as hell, but everyone I had did nothing for me sound wise. McCarty was alright, but compared it with a R9 Gibson and the McCarty stunk it up.

kevinhifi

Rickenbacker 360. Pretty guitar but hard for me to play. The thick laquer on the fretboard made it hard to move around, and the 4 knobs are arranged backwards from a Gibson, which really got confusing. Pickups are pretty noisy too.

TestierWheat

I traded a Hamer Newport, American Standard Telecaster and a Baja Tele for a Nocaster. Probably the best trade I have ever made.

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
EJ Strat,
Neck was sticky.
It had a real mundane/lackluster tone.
Action was stiff as hell.

Not a good strat at all, and it was my second EJ. After reading all the hype, I thought I'd gotten a bad one the first time.

Nope, just the way they are.

John C

Gold Supporting Member
G&L ASAT Classic Custom - nice guitar but I discovered that the new G&L neck carve is much larger than they used to be (closer to a Fender AV '52 neck) plus as a long-time Strat or PRS player I never bonded with the Tele shape. Bought it from a dealer that offered a 100% trade in policy, which I was glad to use and get a PRS KL1812 instead.

mj07

Gold Supporting Member
Traded a McCarty Soapy 10 top this week.I liked it for sure. Personally just had my p90 tone covered, so of it went in trade. Got a Slash LP for it.

GreenKnight18

I sold a 2004 Firebird VII because I never liked the pickups... but then I bought it back again three months later. I still don't like the sound all that much, but I can't get rid of it.

musicman1

My cherryburst '93 LP Standard. 1.Im an idiot 2.Im just an idiot 3.The gtr was in need of some fret work 4. I was having upper back pain and some CTS twinges so I figured I needed a lighter gtr. 5. Surgery completely took care of the CTS which developed anyway w/lighter gtrs 6.Im an idiot also because I cant buy a new standard for what I sold the 93 for.

rybass

-Gibson Little Lucille Blueshawk. I hated to see it go but I made a deal... one guitar for 5 years or until my dept is paid off... so off it went. It killed one credit card and then some.
The action and neck were priceless, the blues 90's were good, they got along best with Marshalls. I would have gutted it and put in a set of lollars with some tweaked switching if I was to keep her.

-Worst guitar I've owned and will not ever miss is a stock 04 Am standard strat. I could not squeak a resonable tone out of that hunk. The neck was crap and hated the trem and plastic body. I hope it made it's next owner a nice hunk of fire wood.

gkoelling

I sold a Strat to a TGP buddy and only had a double box to pack it in. I looked around and there was my old parts tele that hadn't been played in ages.

I threw it in the box to take up the extra space.

He was a little bit surprised.

That was the last guitar I got rid of.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm selling two guitars because I'm bored and want something different. They are both very fine if not spectacular instruments.

I have more than I need so I don't want to add to the harem unless I sell first...usually.

8Painting

72 Tele Deluxe RI

Ok playing guitar, didn't dig on the humbuckers too much, I just wanted some single coils.

mark norwine

'92 Gibson ES-165 "Herb Ellis"

- Bought it 3 years ago because I couldn't afford an old single-pickup ES-175
- Sold it because....aside from appearance....this dog had as much in common with an old 175 as Yugo has with a Porsche.

Now I'm saving my pennies for an old ES-175. Ironically, I made a killing on the ES-165. Turned 30% in a year & a half.

Trending Topics