Tell me what you know(from experience)about the EBMM Reflex

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by BlueHeaven, Apr 5, 2015.

1. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Seems like the guitar I'm looking for:25 1/2 scale bolt on maple, 2 hbs, cool swtching scheme w/all controls within quick easy reach, and reasonable weight. Pros and cons?

2. ElDiabloBlanco

ElDiabloBlanco Member

My main guitar, love it. Lots of tone options with the unique wiring. Very lightweight and resonant. Awesome neck, plays like a champ.

3. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Any negatives at all?

4. jrjones

jrjones Member

The only negative I can remember is that for me, the neck was a little small. Im confident I could adjust, and have seriously considered it. I felt like the practicality of the guitar with all the different sounds on tap outweighed that. Maybe I'll eventually buy one. I played one at GC a while back when I was there for a 339...the guy asked if he could show it to me. He told me it was by far the coolest guitar in the store and he was genuinely excited to show me the guitar. So I tried it. I'll never forget that guitar.

5. paranoid70

paranoid70 Member

I liked it alot, and thought the neck was just right. Really easy to play.

6. Russ73

Russ73 Member

I have 3 MM guitars at the moment and Ive owned the reflex, they are truly fantastic, the only thing you need to look out for is whether the necks work for you, they have a 1 5/8 nut width and if your coming from a modern strat it will feel small to you but the neck I had on mine was fat enuff around the back that it was playable. I have 3 silo specials and of the three one of them has a slightly shallow neck and it feels cramped at the nut, but obviously I love them, they are fast and you can rip on em!

7. Lumpy Trousers

Lumpy Trousers Member

Really nice guitars. As others have said, the neck is somewhat narrow and thin. The series/parallel switching is genius. The one I have does this thing when sustaining a note with gain/distortion - the fundamental drops out towards the end of the note, but the overtones keep sustaining. I just love that.

8. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Ok, I'm gonna have to find one to demo!

9. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan Member

Only EBMM guitar I paid any attention to was the Axis. Today I watched this video and thought, "wait a minute, what is this?" Reflex!

Worth a watch to see the detail and attention that goes in to these guitars. Now I have to a have one.

10. straycat113

straycat113 Member

I have a 25th Anniversary which is what The Reflex was named when they decided to make it a production model. I "really"love to play this guitar as it is an extremely comfortable guitar to play and with all the options the most versatile guitar I own. If you like an Axis you should love a Reflex, which has a bigger body and a Tele-style Axis body design with both a top arm contour and Tummy-cut on the back and the neck is a medium C carve with a 12" radius fretboard. The guitar has a 5 way switch and a series/parallel toggle that will give you 10 different sounds. This takes a bit to get used to but is basically simple, but you will be able to get both humbuckers/ or just outside or inside single coils/ neck humbucker/ bridge Humbucker etc, and all positions can be voiced in series or parallel.Heres a good review of what the guitar can do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5FRgAyN54