Tell me why I shouldn't have bought a Hot Stone SM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Thordy, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Thordy

Thordy Member

I've been looking to buy my first isolated power supply for my board. I finally ordered a DecibelEleven Hot Stone SM this morning. I don't have it yet, but it seems too good to be true. It has fully isolated toroidal transformers, two 300 mA outputs for powering my delay and reverb, and four other 100 mA outputs for everything else. The size is perfect for me. And, it was only $79.99 NEW as a best offer purchase on Ebay. That's not even in the ballpark, pricewise, of an equivalent Voodoo Labs or Cioks.

What's the catch?

2. nateco

nateco Member

I have one, bang for the buck is great compared to the others supplies out there.

The new Hot Stone SMD version has two 400ma taps.

Really happy with mine....good choice.

3. Monstercastle

Monstercastle Supporting Member

Can't speak to the power supplies, but I'm very happy with my Pedal Palette. Good quality.

4. DRGUN

DRGUN Member

My hot stone deluxe is awesome. Quality is top notch.

5. Thordy

Thordy Member

I received the Hot Stone SM. The power supply itself works great. I did have an issue with one of the cables that came with it, though. It doesn't seem to make good contact with my Supernatural reverb. It wasn't worth returning everything for one cable, but I'm not going to risk using that cable that has a touchy contact. I had to use the daisy chain cable that I was using with my One Spot. That daisy chain cable seems to work fine with the Supernatural, so I have to think that the Hot Stone cable was the problem.

6. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

Hot Stone Deluxe owner here. My T-Rex Chameleon (which couldn't even power a Timeline) now collects dust in a closet.

Decibel 11 is a viable alternative to Voodoo Lab and Cioks kit.

7. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member