Tell me why

edwarddavis

Gold Supporting Member
tell me why you won't buy a guitar online still from a gear page member

Would you buy anything from a gear page member site unseen or anywhere still period
Just curious

For the record I buy everything or almost all from private gear page members

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I've bought and sold plenty here.

There are guys who don't trust anyone and who need to feel it to be okay with a purchase. I'm not that way, but I understand the viewpoint.

Da Geezer

Silver Supporting Member
I've bought 3x guitars from fellow members.
I bought a $1400+ Acoustic from a member just 2 weeks ago.

I listed 6x items a few weeks ago, 5 of them are sold.

you need to:

1) have a desirable guitar/pedal/amp/whatever
2) have low pricing, since there's a bit less "protection" than buying on eBay or reverb
3) be willing to cut fellow members a bit of a deal
4) be patient

If you've got something listed for a long time with little to no interest from prospective buyers, either its undesirable or overpriced (or both)

$0.02

G

Multicellular

I rarely buy a guitar sight unseen. There are too many variables with a wooden instrument and I'm very very picky. (I sent a custom order back once cause the neck was .5 mm misaligned). I've noticed big differences in the same make and model.

I've bought pedals off here though. Fewer subjective factors. Works or don't.

Papanate

I have absolutely zero qualms about buying online - from GearPage, Reverb,
Ebay or Retail stores.

I won't buy if the return policy is restricted or protracted.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
Is it hard to make
arrangements with yourself,
When you're old enough to repay
but young enough to sell?

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I've bought from Gear Page members (and other forums) before. Only once was it an instrument, but I've bought amps and a bunch of pedals. No issues. One thing I WILL NOT do is the PayPal Gift. Don't like the fee? Build it into your price. I'm not violating PayPal policies and going in with no recourse during a bad deal so you can save 3%.

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
I've done Guitars, pedals and amps here, buying, selling and trading. I've had no issues whatsoever. I've always used regular PayPal as for me I think that it's not worth losing the protection for saving 3%.

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
I've bought a few higher end guitars and a couple of amps here. Still have all, but one, of the guitars (nothing was wrong with the one, just wasn't for me) and both the amps. One of the guitars, my DGT, is my #1. Another is my Gretsch 6121-FTW which goes to almost as many gigs as the DGT. One of the amps, a Mesa Lone Star Special, is my main gigging amp.

I will add that under no circumstances will I use PayPal gift to make a purchase.

Summa

I did have a overseas prospective buyer who was intent on getting me to agree to misrepresenting the customs paperwork, even though I thoroughly explained to him I wasn't shipping anything outside of the continental US. He finally stopped when I told him I wasn't going to incriminate myself.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I did have a overseas prospective buyer who was intent on getting me to agree to misrepresenting the customs paperwork, even though I thoroughly explained to him I wasn't shipping anything outside of the continental US. He finally stopped when I told him I wasn't going to incriminate myself.
I've had that one as well. Don't like your customs, get your laws changed. Don't expect me to commit mail fraud in order for you to skirt your country's entry tariffs...

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
I've bought and sold a bunch on TGP. I wish I could buy Bruce X's candy blue R7 right now, as a matter of fact.

Rayzaa

Ive bought online but never from here. I would though if someone had what i was looking for and it was a decent deal.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder

Would you buy anything from a gear page member site unseen or anywhere still period
Just curious

I as well, buy, sell, and traded a great deal of what I have and have had here with excellent results and satisfaction.

Even buying new has sometimes been from a fellow Gear Pager also. Examples of that have been Danocaster, PTD, & Bearfoot.

73Fender

Just curious

Coodies

Guitarworks

I've very rarely ever had a problem buying or selling online. Buying without playing first, or having only a website's stock photo for reference, has never been an issue for me. I know I can remedy whatever, if anything, may need attention. If something on the guitar was half a millimeter off, I probably wouldn't notice it by playing it, and I don't think most players would either. I would find it only if I expressly went looking for it.

Trending Topics