Tell Me

les

Platinum Supporting Member
Playing around with some new recording gear…. Trying to dial in some tone…

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/les_thomas/tell-me[/SOUNDCLOUD]

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
Sounds really really good Les...playing, mix, everything! Awesome!!

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
i loved that , les! nice relaxed flow and great sustaining tasteful lines! can we get a bit more on your tone? amp, effects ect.... "tell me" !

Fuzzdog

Nice track, and some tasty playing!

Seeing as this is about recorded tone rather than guitar - One thing I did notice was a bit too much low end on the guitar - it sounds gloriously fat, but it doesn't really sit in the mix as well as it should, sort of sits on top of it rather than in there with the rest of the backing. Try a pretty harsh rolloff on the bottom end coupled with taking the overall level of the channel down a little, you might notice a huge difference in how it all flows together. If I was mixing with that guitar sound, I'd be pretty savage with the low end - a great guitar sound is very, very rarely a good recorded sound unless there's nothing else at all going on.

Otherwise, superb - and that's coming from Mr. Critical 'I hate recording guitarists' Bastard, esq. :D

journo

Hi Les,

I try to be a man of verbal sophistication but in this case I'll forgo that ambition.
Sh*t, this was awesome!

What guitar, amp, pedals? Please spill those beans!

Did you you make that track?

/Cheers,

Mats N

les

Platinum Supporting Member
i loved that , les! nice relaxed flow and great sustaining tasteful lines! can we get a bit more on your tone? amp, effects ect.... "tell me" !

Thanks so much for the comments! Suhr SH start, using a D-Style amp... with EchoBoy and Lexicon 224 plugins on Aux tracks.

Sounds great Les!!! Sweet tone with the signature Les space and flow!! Great!

Hey Stephen, thanks!

Nice track, and some tasty playing!

Seeing as this is about recorded tone rather than guitar - One thing I did notice was a bit too much low end on the guitar - it sounds gloriously fat, but it doesn't really sit in the mix as well as it should, sort of sits on top of it rather than in there with the rest of the backing. Try a pretty harsh rolloff on the bottom end coupled with taking the overall level of the channel down a little, you might notice a huge difference in how it all flows together. If I was mixing with that guitar sound, I'd be pretty savage with the low end - a great guitar sound is very, very rarely a good recorded sound unless there's nothing else at all going on.

Otherwise, superb - and that's coming from Mr. Critical 'I hate recording guitarists' Bastard, esq. :D

Thanks for you comments.. I did notice some flubby-ness in some of the low end notes. No EQ on the guitar at all.

Les, really nice playing and wonderful guitar sound! I really liked it!

Thanks so much Bandi - I appreciate the comments!

Always love your playing!

Thank you Jostein!

Hi Les,

I try to be a man of verbal sophistication but in this case I'll forgo that ambition.
Sh*t, this was awesome!

What guitar, amp, pedals? Please spill those beans!

Did you you make that track?

/Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Mats, thanks for the comments!

(see details about gear in comment above).. Not my track, but I think I will try and create my own now that I have an idea about the tune...

Really enjoyed this! Sounds great and pretty dialed in Les.

Thank you so much!

Sounds great Les. The guitar has more depth / space.

Thanks for your kind words - appreciate the comments!

newb3fan

This is a really nice track. Love the mood and emotion you create with the your rig's tone and the phrasing you employ. Solid stuff les.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom