Tenorio Strings ghosted me after payment

omfg51

I don't know how many here are familiar with Gabriel Tenorio String Company, I personally only recently found out about them, but I placed a paid order almost 6 weeks ago, and haven't received so much as an update on the status.

Has anyone else had this happen recently? At all?

I placed a $26 order for a single set of strings on June 26th, and got the order and payment confirmation that same day. A few weeks later, they hadn't even shipped, so I emailed via the "Contact" section of their site, but never got a response.

Sent another follow up email this last week in order to let them know that I was disappointed, but I don't think there's anything else I can do at this point.

I discovered them through Mike Adams/Puisheen on social media, and he's given Gabriel the plug in at least one of his recent Youtube uploads, so I'm wondering why I couldn't at least get a reply explaining the delay?

bulbasaur_85

i've only had great follow up and customer service from the crew at Gabriel Tenorio String Co. I'm sure they will make this right for you. Sorry for the long wait! It will be worth it - the Niquel Puro sets I purchased are awesome.

Enjoyer

I have had nothing but positive customer service with Gabriel Tenorio String Company. Good communication. Longest wait time was a bit over 3 weeks. Great strings!

coltonius

Señor Member
I don't know how many here are familiar with Gabriel Tenorio String Company, I personally only recently found out about them, but I placed a paid order almost 6 weeks ago, and haven't received so much as an update on the status.

Has anyone else had this happen recently? At all?

I placed a $26 order for a single set of strings on June 26th, and got the order and payment confirmation that same day. A few weeks later, they hadn't even shipped, so I emailed via the "Contact" section of their site, but never got a response.

Sent another follow up email this last week in order to let them know that I was disappointed, but I don't think there's anything else I can do at this point.

I discovered them through Mike Adams/Puisheen on social media, and he's given Gabriel the plug in at least one of his recent Youtube uploads, so I'm wondering why I couldn't at least get a reply explaining the delay?
Seems to be "a thing" lately- people ghosting without any sort of auto-reply or communication. It recently happened to me with two non-musical businesses, then all of the sudden, "Hey we're back!"

It's frustrating, even given the present circumstances, that some people can't be bothered to communicate effectively. There's literally no excuse for it.

Northerner

I won’t do business with anyone I can’t talk to.
It’s too bad because I really like his strings.
Now I’ll admit to being old and not the hippest person when it comes to online stuff but even so.
Miscommunication is one of the biggest problems with interaction between humans.
And I constantly see it happen with this online world most of us live in.
There is a theory that life exists in conversation.
Works for me.

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe you poke at Mike Adams and explain your situation and see if he can help, since he's plugging them.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
They are awesome strings, but I wear through strings too fast to afford those.
Awesome in what way? Better than $4 - $5 D'addario or Slinkys in what way(s). I'm really curious, as I haven't found significant differences between guitar strings that justify paying more than that.

jaymeister

Awesome in what way? Better than $4 - $5 D'addario or Slinkys in what way(s). I'm really curious, as I haven't found significant differences between guitar strings that justify paying more than that.
It’s like anything made by a real human in the USA and customized to your situation...it will cost way more than a mass produced factory item, even with similar components. Some people perceive that as value to them, and are willing to pay for it.

I sense that some want to discuss or offer their opinion on whether it is money well spent, and that’s not what the OP is asking for help on right now. They made a decision to try them, but are concerned about the company’s legitimate service level.

fyler

i looked up the last time i ordered strings from them (pre-Covid) and there was a two week gap between the order confirmation & the shipping notice. it's hard to gauge what the acceptable increase in wait time during a global pandemic should be, but i expect things to take significantly longer than they used to.
maybe just give it a little more time? who knows what people are dealing with these days...

Will Little

Silver Supporting Member
These strings last me a year, with hundreds of hours of use. No exaggeration. They keep their tone and stay in tune. That's worth the price of admission alone for me.
Regular, over-the-counter strings last maybe 2 weeks for me. Say I buy 20 regular sets of strings in a year that's 100 bucks compared to 26.

That being said, I'm sad to hear of no response. I've reached out to him a few times via email and while there may be a slight delay in response time I've always heard something. I can see there being some extra time to fulfill orders, but this seems a little out of the ordinary. I hope it gets resolved and you get to try the strings out, they changed everything for me.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
It’s like anything made by a real human in the USA and customized to your situation...it will cost way more than a mass produced factory item, even with similar components. Some people perceive that as value to them, and are willing to pay for it.

I sense that some want to discuss or offer their opinion on whether it is money well spent, and that’s not what the OP is asking for help on right now. They made a decision to try them, but are concerned about the company’s legitimate service level.
I checked out the website. Interesting, for sure.

Trending Topics