Terry McInturff Polaris Pro?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by hendrix2430, Jan 19, 2006.

1. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a used Polaris Pro for a pretty nice price. Unfortunately, I've found very little info on the web about these guitars.

Can anyone tell me about how they play, sound, etc...?

How much did they sell for, and how are they build wise to the other "boutique" offerings out there?

Thanks!

2. HHB

HHB Member

they seem to be going from around 900 to 1200, an insane value, Terrys build is a good as it gets , period.

3. NeuroLogic

NeuroLogic Supporting Member

They go routinely on Ebay for $700 to $800 & are by far the best low price guitar you will find. Top notch build quality & range of sounds. Also the nicest slab body guitar ever made. Although some of the new Hammers seem quite good but, I have not tried one. Out of production for several years now as the model did not sell well due to the necessary price.

4. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Supporting Member

If you like TCMs in general, you'll probably like the Polaris. Great guitar, incredible value.

5. Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl Member

I had one, in 'natural' with a veddy tasty top, that I sold, like an idiot.

Most, if not all should have Zodiac pickups w/TCMs usual 5-way switching.

VERY undervalued guitars. Don't let the fact that it was a 'stripped'/entry level TCM fool you. They were built with the same quality of materials & fit/finish as all TCMs.

6. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

They could easily sell for double what they command right now, and still be a great value. They originally sold for over $1800 new if I remember correctly. Let's put it this way, you won't find another hand made instrument of this quality for the same price on the used market. I would be stunned if you did.

7. edgarallanpoe

edgarallanpoe Member

Hamer....pronounced hay-mer. Terry used to work for Hamer. Used Mcinturffs and used USA Hamers are an unbeatable bargain on the used market.

8. RupertB

RupertB Supporting Member

An exceptional value at the prices I've seen recently & a great way to get the impeccable fit & finish of a TCM in a lower-priced guitar. I like them better than a lot of LPs I've played.

The Polaris is on my short list of "next to buy" though right now I'm leaning a bit more toward a TCM Royal.

9. Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl Member

This-
    [​IMG]
    is coming to my 'stable' as we speak. '98/'99 Polaris. Absolutely rips thru my Single Recto/VHT 2x12 combo (belonged to a good friend of mine). KILLER rawk & roll machine....

10. mainsale

mainsale Member

11. billywade

billywade Member

I used to own one in amber. Nice flame. Good weight. Great guitar. Now I don't remember why I sold it. Seems like a sold it to a member on here a year or two back. It's already been stated but excellent guitar at twice the price they bring used.

12. Woodshed

Woodshed Member

I used to own one like Carl's, Namm guitar that was lighter than imagineable and just plain ripped. Very SG vibey but WAY better build quality. Killer axes for what they go for. I thinkI paid like $750 for it, ridiculously nice for that kind of money.

[​IMG]

Scott