• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tesla ECC83

jwri9790

I have a small collection of NOS tubes (RCA black plate, Ei pre-war, Mullard) and I'm thinking of getting some 1960 Tesla ECC83 tubes. I just wanted to get some opinions on these tubes and here some experiences about their general sound characteristics and how they compare to other NOS tubes.

94prs22

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a small collection of NOS tubes (RCA black plate, Ei pre-war, Mullard) and I'm thinking of getting some 1960 Tesla ECC83 tubes. I just wanted to get some opinions on these tubes and here some experiences about their general sound characteristics and how they compare to other NOS tubes.
In my experience they're generally very balanced sounding tubes, with a sort of clear hi-fi quality to them, generally similar to telefunken tubes. My opinion is that they lacked personality a bit.

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
In my experience they're generally very balanced sounding tubes, with a sort of clear hi-fi quality to them, generally similar to telefunken tubes. My opinion is that they lacked personality a bit.
Yes - my experience, almost exactly. Clear (but not as clear as some), low-noise, kind of bland. Probably better for higher-overdrive settings than I use.

- Thom

Trending Topics