Testament Live - Dark Roots of Thrash = AMAZING!

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
Geez. These guys just kill it. Alex and Eric just dropping bombs, and Chuck Billy ripping the vox up. Amazing performance.

chrisr777

I saw them open for Motorhead, Judas Priest and Heaven and Hell. They certainly did rip it up.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
I saw them open for Motorhead, Judas Priest and Heaven and Hell. They certainly did rip it up.
I have seen them a few times. A few times with Alex in the late 80s and early ninties, then I saw them once in the late nineties on the Demonic tour. I have not seen them since getting back with Alex.

I have always thought these guys were better live than the big four bands. Slayer being possibly the only exception. Although, Slayer brings the same level of intensity, but lacks in the technical chops live.

Misterbulbous

I love that nerd Skolnick and have the album version of this. This live video doesn't really sound live, does it?

Boston617

Awesome band.

That being said, I'm about 6 minutes into this concert DVD and whoever thinks it's the gold standard these days to switch camera angles every literal 2.5 seconds and speed up/slow down film should be thrown into a mosh pit. The sound rules though. \m/

soulohio

interestingly...Testament has withstood the test of time...I saw them in the 80;s and liked them...but never thought they would be where they are now...good for them

Matt L

First concert I ever saw, Testament at Hammersmith Odeon, 1989. Met Skolnick and Chuck Billy after the show. Cool dudes.

Saw them again last year with Anthrax. They stole the show. Alex was on fire.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
First concert I ever saw, Testament at Hammersmith Odeon, 1989. Met Skolnick and Chuck Billy after the show. Cool dudes.

Saw them again last year with Anthrax. They stole the show. Alex was on fire.
Not surprised at all.

watson503

Alex's playing is just sick... Also, Eric has really come into his own over the past several years and as a whole, the band is just ripping these days.

skhan007

Awesome! I've loved this band since The Legacy came out. Their recent Formation Damnation album is in constant rotation for me. This looks like a killer show. Who's behind the drum kit? Bostaph?

ungarn

Seen them live a bunch of times, typically always bring it.
Saw Dark Roots of Thrash tour in Cincinnati with Flotsam & Jetsam.
Band sounded great, especially Chuck Billy!
Should be Gene Hoglan on drums...he did a great job on the latest release and tour...dude is a MONSTER!

KJP1990

I saw testament at the Pladium in Worcester MA which is close by.. Extremely talented band and the loudest I have seen! I was like 20 ft from Chuck.. What a huge man

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
Gene Hoglan. Yeah, his nickname is the Atomic Clock. The guy is a uber badass.

Trending Topics