Texas Hippie Coalition

Lution

since the price of cocaine has rapidly outpaced the price of weed and choc chip cookie dough...
:spit

Yeah, that singer is a big boy. He ain't passing by the cheetos and meat tray backstage. Their contract rider must piss off the venue's food runner. I can see a blues bros bob's country bunker scenario taking place with the sheer amount of food he likely takes in. My leasure-suit metal band, Hot Bitch Mothers, did a really bad cover of THC's Pissed Off And Mad About It a couple years ago. So, we're fans of a sort.

The lyrics reek of way too many juvenile stoned thoughts that seemed like good ideas at the time. "And when she's masterbating. . . she thinks about me!" Uhm, no I don't think that's really true, holmes. But they look like they're having a great time, so screw it. . Good on them!

Last edited:

Two-Octave

since the price of cocaine has rapidly outpaced the price of weed and choc chip cookie dough...
:dude

Texas Hippie Coalition has a gig in Washington opening for Skynyrd on the 26th.

Some dudes called Jack Rowdy are going to be playing out in Oklahoma the same night.

Ain't no difference man. :aok

memiller

There are about three dozen bands down here way ****ing better than this garbage. I've yet to run into anyone that actually likes them. They're to Pantera what John Mayer is to Eric Clapton. A ****** watered down pussified version of an ass-kicking original.

Watch everyone miss the point and **** all over the Clapton/Mayer comparison.

kevod23

I swear that lead singer looks like the guys that used to play shows around Dallas as a Pantera cover band about 4 or 5 years ago. Saw them once and that was enough. If you wanna be a Pantera knockoff that's fine, but having the guy play a Dean and shooting a video at Pantera's strip club seems a bit much.

Their "vocalist" has one fo the worst singing styles I've ever heard. I wish he'd decide if he wants to talk or sing like Phil Anselmo choking down a funnel cake.

jojo

There are about three dozen bands down here way ****ing better than this garbage. I've yet to run into anyone that actually likes them. They're to Pantera what John Mayer is to Eric Clapton. A ****** watered down pussified version of an ass-kicking original.

Watch everyone miss the point and **** all over the Clapton/Mayer comparison.
HAHA. True. Been WAYYYYYY to many Pantera wanna be bands in D/FW. I HATE them all. They should all die a painful death.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Silver Supporting Member
:dude

Texas Hippie Coalition has a gig in Washington opening for Skynyrd on the 26th.

Some dudes called Jack Rowdy are going to be playing out in Oklahoma the same night. Ain't no difference man. :aok
no argument there!!

actually, in my first post, i said, "I like them, it's hooky, and the guitar sound is awesome for that style. \m/"

(My old band has opened for Skynyrd and .38 Spec back in the 90s at the OK State Fair Grandstand as well, so I actually DO have that in common with THC...)

:)

emdub123

After listening to a few more of the clips, I have to say I like the guitar riffs. Someone's got some skills in that band. Lyrics and stripper thing are very cliche, but whoever's writing those guitar parts is going somewhere...

Drew68

Supporting Member
I thought I had to bury my rockstar dreams when I turned 28 and hadn't made it yet.

Now I see this guy, he's gotta be in his 50s, and he's got a video out.

I'm gonna quit my job. The dream still lives!

roadfilm

A friend of mines band opened for THC a month ago. They were fun to see in a club setting they drew a large crowd.

Trending Topics