Texas Tele, amazing what a pickguard change can do.....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jazzrat, Feb 29, 2008.

1. jazzrat

jazzrat Member

and...oh yea....a Glendale bridge and saddles!

I've been playing Parkers lately, mostly as a relief for over 50 disease but I recently decided I did not need two. I sold one and bought this 06 Hwy 1 Texas Tele. I was intrigued by the vintage features
    combined with a 12" radius fretboard.
    Great, great little guitar!
    I, however, was not in love with the white pickguard or sorta iffy intonation.
    I wound up buying a new black '52 RI pickguard and a Glendale guitars doublecut bridge and saddles.
    The Glendale hardware is pretty pricey but this bridge is dropped on both sides which make palm muting
    and fingerpicking easier. There are lots of little details that set them apart.
    I also polished out the satin finish with Meguires #9.

Whoa baby! Rings like a piano. It can sound acoustic or tear your head off with no icepicks on the high end.
    Anyway I'm very pleased.
    I also sold my Carvin Bolt and am on the hunt for a strat. If I find one that sounds as great as this Tele I wil
    be very happy indded.
    Standbye.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

I TOTALLY agree on the guitar and the pickguard changes. The white was crazy ugly. I went black first, but actually settled on a tortoise after while. It looks nice and "vintage-y", yes I'm creating words...

+1 for an unbelievably cool Fender model. I had one last year and it got sucked into TGP-er MasterVolume's vortex of GAS. :) Who knows where it is now. I missed it and ended up buying another one. They're that good.

3. Teleman

Teleman Supporting Member

I own several teles but when it time to gig the Texas Tele is the one that goes out to play. It's my absolute fav!

4. tapeup

tapeup Butterscotch Supt. Member Gold Supporting Member

Just curious Teleman, what other Teles do you own, and what constitutes your Texas Tele being your absolut fav? I'm wondering because I own several Teles, but haven't tried one of these Texas Teles, and am wondering what I'm missing out on. Thanks for your reply and input.

5. cordroad

cordroad Member

Any idea where I can find a good used one?

6. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

they show up on ebay every now and then

7. GTRJoe

GTRJoe Supporting Member

I like some more info on the Texas Tele too. I'd love to try one but I've never seen one in a store. What's the neck shape like? Does it have 6105 frets? Tele me more.