Teye announces the S-series line of guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Rory_Rules, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Rory_Rules

Rory_Rules Supporting Member

The Electric Gypsy just got affordable for the masses! :AOK

I don't have a direct link but go to www.teye.com > models > s-series.

The price of the S-series is $3,500 or there is a special offer where you can get one of the 6 prototype guitars built by Teye himself for $3,400.

2. Brock

Brock Member

Very cool. Cant wait to see the pics.

3. Sam Evans

Sam Evans Compliance Officer Gold Supporting Member

I had the chance to play one of these, and it sounded terrific. What a cool guitar.

SE

EDIT - I played a Teye, but I'm not sure if it was an S-series. Still a cool guitar, whatever I played.

4. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

I would not mind having the low budget S series . Prefer the A but hey .
    LOL . very cool looking guitars

5. airjamie

airjamie Member

These are gorgeous guitars and the one ive tried was of the utmost quality, however, i cant stop laughing when i browse his site and he mentions "doming wood" or "domed wood"...Can anyone explain exactly what this process involves?:confused: Ive only heard the term used in "last night" stories...

6. elteye

elteye Member

Hello this is Teye, the maker. I read your remark on the doming issue, and would like to explain what this means. The term Doming (a dome being a cupola, like a curved roof of an old church in Europe) is used in acoustic guitar tops (I know it from flamenco guitar construction) where a top is thinner towards the edge and thicker in the middle: people do this for reasons of sound. The late Mr. Tony Zemaitis who of course built metal topped guitars referred to the doming as a way to prevent the light to be reflected all at once from the metal surface, instead of hitting the audience as if reflected in "Alf Garnett's glasses" (I believe that was the name he used in an interview).

When I prepare a body to become a guitar, I tune it like Manuel Reyes showed me to tune a spruce top: by knocking and listening for a particular response, and by shaving wood to obtain that response. It sounds weirder than it is in reality. As I shave and sand on the wood, I do so to form that "dome".

Thank you all very much for your incredible compliments! It sure is nice after a day of sanding or engraving to read that people actually LIKE your finished work. Thanks!

Good Luck to everybody here at the Gear Page,

Teye