Teye Guitars Owners (and Aficionados) Club

Drowned Rabbit

Black Beauty Beats Burst
I've been AWOL for awhile but I thought I'd check in with you Teye guys. I'm loving the vids of the Arrow! Very cool looking guitar and it sounds great. I recently moved to a new house and when packing up my guitars, I realized that I really only play my Teyes. I'm just going to sell all the others.

I think my favorite sounding Teye overall is the "K". Sentimental fav is the "Day of the Dead" La India because it was my first. As far as just downright coolness, it's a tie between the Doubleneck and the Camel Gun Bass. Gypsy Queen is especially getting a lot of attention right now. The Scorpion comes out when I'm feeling like hi-gain. But I just love them all! If you guys ever get a chance at a Master series, you gotta try them :)

elteye

Hey Drowned Rabbit, please send me an email. We've got some really nice deals to offer you... Good to have you back, we were getting worried!

sleepingtiger

It's pretty cool! I tried it with the band & was amazed at the tones I could get. The controls work VERY different than anything else! Even the volumes work a bit different. I dialed up a recto super crunch & lowered the guitar volume & got it pretty damned clean.

Tony

sleepingtiger

I just got this baby here, with more pics in this thread. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ntd-new-teye-day.1762841/
Tony
Someone was questioning whether .009's were appropriate for this guitar & I can testify that they work just fine for me! When I got this in trade it was not set-up to my liking, so I put a set of Cobalts on it, took some relief out of the neck, lowered the action & adjusted the pickups & this guitar does it ALL! I've not been a subscriber to the "Swiss Army knife" of guitars ideal, but this guitar covers SO many tones & does them very well, not just passably. I've still been playing my other guitars & still dig them, but I honestly have to stop myself from always picking up this one. It IS that good...& you guys know I loves my guitars, especially my Firebirds.
Now THAT would be cool!...a Firebird influenced Teye...in Korina no less!

Tony

Lamce9109

Took delivery of #16 Super Coyote in Seafoam Green in early 2015 and has been my trusty guitar of choice since. Have tried other guitars in my band but the other members go mad - say the Teye signifies the sound of our band in a way no other guitar can (we play original British Indie Rock!).

The unusual thing about it is it is right-handed but in error a left-handed headstock plate was fitted. As I live in Liverpool, U.K. I never got this replaced (despite Teye and his manager Evert's willingness I hasten to add) - figured it adds something unique to my guitar and a little extra 'mojo'!

The guitar does everything but I particularly love the Les Paul Custom type sound that can be dialled in - Mojo control maxxed!

Post Brexit I can only see these gaining in value too in our market so a great investment - not that I would sell!

sleepingtiger

Took delivery of #16 Super Coyote in Seafoam Green in early 2015 and has been my trusty guitar of choice since. Have tried other guitars in my band but the other members go mad - say the Teye signifies the sound of our band in a way no other guitar can (we play original British Indie Rock!).

The unusual thing about it is it is right-handed but in error a left-handed headstock plate was fitted. As I live in Liverpool, U.K. I never got this replaced (despite Teye and his manager Evert's willingness I hasten to add) - figured it adds something unique to my guitar and a little extra 'mojo'!

The guitar does everything but I particularly love the Les Paul Custom type sound that can be dialled in - Mojo control maxxed!
Post Brexit I can only see these gaining in value too in our market so a great investment - not that I would sell!
That Mojo control seems like even more fun than the Mood knob, which is extremely versatile. The "Over-the-Top" look took a while for me to get used to, but now I have come to love everything about my Coyote!

Tony

Last edited:

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve got to give a shout out to Evert @Teye. I called him to ask what size Allen wrench fit for the Emperor knobs on my La Perla Artisan so I could buy one. He said “don’t bother, I’ll send you one”...got a package two days later with two wrenches, extra rubber o rings for the knobs...AND an extra knob in case I screwed up the threads on my loose one. Thanks for taking care of me in a big way Evert! You guys are the best!

Almost sold my La Perla for a family project but my wife knew it was my grail guitar and made me pull it off the market. So glad she did. It’s simply the best guitar I’ve ever played and it will stay a family heirloom.

Last edited:

vreb

im letting go of a la gitana in mint condition cheap to fund studio gear...if interested send me a message :)

Synex7254

I just picked up this used Teye Coyote from my local GC. Transparent Blue Flame finish.

I believe it's one of the Sam Ash Teye's (selected from Teye Guitars' remaining stock of instruments that had been left over after they parted ways with the Gypsy Guitar Corporation) but am not 100% certain. Serial Number is 2014-NAMM-COY-PT-xx. Can anyone provide confirmation on that? Also I belive the pickups are Dimarzio's. Is the fretboard Ebony or Rosewood? Hard to tell on mine. It's either Rosewood or stripped Ebony.

In any event it's spectacular. I mean this may be one of the best sounding and playing guitars I have even played let alone owned.

elteye

Hello Synex,

this is Teye, with some news on your guitar. Gongratulations on snagging her! This is one of the 20 prototype Coyotes and I personally helped make those in the winter of 2013/14, I actually remember those 20 very well and I think they are all very good guitars. This one was not among the batch that Sam Ash purchased afterwards, altho those were also very good guitars, at least every single one that I've had in my hands.

The story is not quite as you relate it, but really that was many years ago so let's not dwell on the past.

(Anyone ever wants specific info on any Teye guitar, my personal email is on my web site and I encourage you to email me.)

OK the pickups that we installed back then were definitely DiMarzios, but that guitar has been out of my hands so long, who knows for sure what pickups are in there now?

Fingerboard is ebony, and yes I always shop for figured ebony, that is correct.

And thank you for your compliment on the sound and playability! I'm really very happy that you like the guitar so much!!!

Now, you could ask Mr Fett who is on this thread too, if the Super Coyote is even better than the Coyote...

Synex7254

Hello Synex,

this is Teye, with some news on your guitar. Gongratulations on snagging her! This is one of the 20 prototype Coyotes and I personally helped make those in the winter of 2013/14, I actually remember those 20 very well and I think they are all very good guitars. This one was not among the batch that Sam Ash purchased afterwards, altho those were also very good guitars, at least every single one that I've had in my hands.

The story is not quite as you relate it, but really that was many years ago so let's not dwell on the past.

(Anyone ever wants specific info on any Teye guitar, my personal email is on my web site and I encourage you to email me.)

OK the pickups that we installed back then were definitely DiMarzios, but that guitar has been out of my hands so long, who knows for sure what pickups are in there now?

Fingerboard is ebony, and yes I always shop for figured ebony, that is correct.

And thank you for your compliment on the sound and playability! I'm really very happy that you like the guitar so much!!!

Now, you could ask Mr Fett who is on this thread too, if the Super Coyote is even better than the Coyote...

Teye, thanks so much for the personal reply! One of 20 prototypes....wow that makes the guitar that much more special.

I’m honestly without words as to how well this guitar sounds and plays. I’ve watched several of your YouTube videos demonstrating the Mood knob and it is everything you have described and more!

Honestly it was Rich Robinson that brought me to your guitars and I’ve seen him play them live numerous times over that last few years was always struck by their beauty. Honored and thrilled to now have one of my own! It’s a keeper for sure!

Last edited: