TGP approved??

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
It's very close to meeting my personal approval. (Whatver that's worth. [Hint: absolutely nothing.])

The only thing I would change is the patch cables. It seems like a minor quibble* but cables with those large elbows drive me crazy. There's plenty of affordable, non-boutique options nowadays for cables with low-pro connectors. Plus, I feel like those cables are weird when they get the least bit twisted and are more prone to short out.

It doesn't need to be boutique or solderless or gold plated or oxygen free. Just slightly better.

*It seems like a minor quibble- because *it is* a minor quibble! Nice board!!! :aok

longgonedaddy

Supporting Member
Looks like you spent the minimum. But just the minimum.
get yourself a $600 drive pedal that you have to wait seven years for, and a $1100 tone bender, and you’ll be ok.

It's very close to meeting my personal approval. (Whatver that's worth. [Hint: absolutely nothing.])

The only thing I would change is the patch cables. It seems like a minor quibble* but cables with those large elbows drive me crazy. There's plenty of affordable, non-boutique options nowadays for cables with low-pro connectors. Plus, I feel like those cables are weird when they get the least bit twisted and are more prone to short out.

It doesn't need to be boutique or solderless or gold plated or oxygen free. Just slightly better.

*It seems like a minor quibble- because *it is* a minor quibble! Nice board!!! :aok
Thanks! Any particular recommendations for brands of patch cable?

No_Stairway

Supporting Member
Fail! No KoT or any Analogman pedals, it is close to a TGP board though, maybe consider a Mu-tron Phasor or RCM-3 / Clyde wah and we can revisit this subject.

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks! Any particular recommendations for brands of patch cable?
I think the Rockboard flat patch cables work really well. They're affordable, and they come in a variety of sizes. You can find them at CME or Pitbull Audio.

And then EBS are also popular, albeit a bit more expensive. They have two kinds, the premium are nice but not necessary.

Ernie Ball have also recently released a low profile flat patch cable- but I have no experience with them myself. Plenty of people seem to like them, though.

Personally, I've been using the most affordable option, the Rockboard cables, and they have performed magnificently. For my needs, anyways. I don't feel the urge to spend more.

ChipOnly

Supporting Member
Not close enough together, you are still aways from maximum board density. Our approval is coming, but it must be earned. Good luck.

This is said in jest

sanfi4u

Silver Supporting Member
If it was my pedalboard, that's what I'd do:
MXR Timmy -> swap it with real P. Cochrane Timmy v.2 (or v.3.0)
Kingsley Harlot OD - great choice!!
Tubesteader Beekeeper D-style Overdrive - superb!
Jackson Audio Broken Arrow Overdrive - I'd skip it. Previous 3 ODs are more than enough. No need to spoil the trio.
Boss TU-3 Tuner - Good, but I'd keep it in the loop if possible
Boss RC-3 Looper - good looper, the keeper
Strymon BlueSky - swap it with Dr. Scientist The Atmosphere Multi-verb
Boss DM2W Analog Delay - possible option; (may want to use original DM-2 instead).
MXR Phase 95 - swap it with MXR Phase 90 74 reissue
Xotic EP Booster - good, the keeper
Keeley Compressor Plus - swap it with Chellee Compy (ROSS style); old Keeley 4-knob compressor (circa 2012) is an option too.

Not sure this version is TGP approved cause I'm often in the minority here. But I hope you'll like the sketch anyway.