TGP damage experts to the red phone! ☎️

Yay or nay?

• Avoid!

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Could be fine...

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters

Samba

I'm on the hunt for a cheapie for a friend - got a line a Cort for silly cheap but can't play it first. Seller is clueless - what do we think? Finish crack or something more sinister?

cJQTirj.png

panther_king

Silver Supporting Member
If I had to guess, I'd say finish crack from stress by the tuners; notice how there's 2(3 if you count that long one as 2) that seem to come from the peg holes. Plus, and this is an unscientific guess here, I feel like it would be REALLY hard to have a structural crack in that matter that wouldn't have just taken a chunk off.

MrGuitarhack

It is a weird crack. It looks like there is a matching one running from the top of the head stock to the tuner on the opposite side as well.

I would stay away. If there is an issue with the integrity of the head stock, I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth the cost to fix it - then you just have an unusable guitar. There's plenty of cheap guitars out there without this potential problem.

edgewound

I think so, yes. Remain interested in assessments of the crack.

It’s probably a finish crack, but it’s not definitive without looking at it in person to see and feel the integrity of the headstock.

That is why I asked if the gamble is worth it. It might be just cosmetic… Or it might not be.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
If I had to guess, I'd say finish crack from stress by the tuners; notice how there's 2(3 if you count that long one as 2) that seem to come from the peg holes. Plus, and this is an unscientific guess here, I feel like it would be REALLY hard to have a structural crack in that matter that wouldn't have just taken a chunk off.
This.
There's a million cheap guitars for sale on a given day.

But also this.

cap10kirk

My first guess is it's just a finish crack, hard to tell 100% without seeing it in person. I'd take the chance on it. Worst case scenario, you glue it back together if it breaks, and keep playing it.

Telefunky

I suspect it's just a finish crack because there are no signs of droppage or other abuse. I don't see any dings at all, which means- finish crack.

Top Bottom