TGP damage experts to the red phone! ☎️

Yay or nay?

• Avoid!

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Could be fine...

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters

fretout

I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vertical crack in the headstock on any guitar, regardless of price point.

It looks to me like a crack that develops from spraying your paint too thick, so when it cures, it creates a crack.

On the other hand, if this is a poly-painted guitar, you’d have to spray your coats UNBELIEVEABLY thick to have checking like that.

Something is fishy here. If we assume it is a split in the headstock, let’s just factor in the repair costs into the total cost.

Is the price + repairs worth it? If so, get it. As for me I’d pass and probably not doubt myself years down the road for missing out on a Cort. Just pick up a cheap Epiphone.

grumphh

Silly cheap = buy it.

If it really should be a crack in the actual wood, just pour (ok, wick) some superglue in there and it will be "as good as new".
Since the crack doesn't go all the way down to where the truss rod is, i'd say there is litle chance of the guitar being a lost cause, even if it had sustained a nasty hit to the headstock.

And to put my position on this into perspective, i own three guitars with glue in the headstock/neck area - they sound just fine, and are as solid as any other guitar of that model.

svenhoek

Looks like a finish crack, and Cort makes some decent stuff for the money. Probably worth the gamble

Ron Kirn

Vendor
even if the crack did originate in the wood, it would have no impact on the structural integrity of the headstock running along the axis like that... but there's a pretty low chance that the crack would be any longer than length of the crack visible in the surface..

It's just Poly doing its thing... down side, it is might flake off, but, hey.. we like 'em reliced don't we?'' :p

Ron

slybird

I own two Cort guitars. Both have that LP body shape, but without the contour top. I paid $100 for the first one, $200 for the second. Neither had a crack. They are not my favorite cheapies, but both play nice, stay in tune. The solder work inside was messy as hell in both of them.

If I was buying for myself I wouldn't have issue with the crack, but depends on the definition of cheap and what else was available at that price.

I would never buy something with a crack or defect for another person. Gifts shouldn't have defects.

I don't buy instruments for other people. If someone is at my house and are playing one of my cheaper guitars I might say, "if you like it is yours, take it home." I would never give them a guitar they haven't played first.

Texsunburst59

Silly cheap. ;)

So it looks to me like that's an M600 Electric guitar you're looking at.

One in decent condition will normally go for about $250 or so.

So for ME, if it were to be SILLY cheap, I personally would only pay $50 tops for it.

If you're getting it for $50, then you're doing good.

NHDave

Silver Supporting Member
If your friend needs a cheapie, he also probably needs something he can sell if things
don't work out, a cort with finish damage would be a very tough sell.

unless it's $25 or $50 opt for a non boogered guitar

Phila67

It's so cheap is cort to be good? In my experience the cheapest guitars seem to be most indestructible...

ahhlou

If it is silly cheap then go for it. If it is a finish crack, its broken in.

If it's a deep crack and it bothers you, invest in some wood glue and a clamp...

BlueRiff

I'm on the hunt for a cheapie for a friend - got a line a Cort for silly cheap but can't play it first. Seller is clueless - what do we think? Finish crack or something more sinister?
Not worth your time.

cJQTirj.png

Trending Topics

Top Bottom