• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

TGP hive mind: evacuation playlist?

Lt Dak

Silver Supporting Member
Hey all,

Everything is on fire, we evacuated 2 locations in 24 hrs on Tuesday/Wednesday, and are about to start another long drive to get far away from the fire danger and smoke.

Care to give song suggestions? Melancholy, uplifting, whatever is fine.

Thanks, and wish us luck.

HomeInMyShoes

Holly Cole: the albums Shade or Girl Talk. Of course, Shade with the opening of Heatwave and then Too Darn Hot later is maybe not that great a selection. Individual tracks would be Cruisin', Girl Talk, A Cottage for Sale.

Hey Rosetta! Try the following songs: New Goodbye; Handshake the Gangster; Kintsukuroi

cj_wattage

Check out any of the stuff from The Wild Reeds. I'm also a big fan of Shakey Graves.

And definitely get yourself safe and secure.

EDIT: I first read the thread title as "ejaculation playlist" :rotflmao

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Stay safe.

When I face hours of stressful driving, I go chill.
Flamenco sketches
Blue in green
( all of kind of blue, really)
Naima

Bill Evans, George Benson,

Classical, Dvorak- new World, Claire de Lune.
Sant Saens, Carnival of the Animals - the swan...
Yo yo ma.

I’d avoid the IronMaiden or Megadeath anthologies!

eclecto-acoustic

Coal-hating feral hippie
Platinum Supporting Member
Might not be quite what you asked for, but I'd tend toward music that has powerful nostalgic value for you. Something strong enough to override the emotion of what you're going through now.

rhinocaster

Silver Supporting Member
Stay safe OP....my heart goes out to you.

I've been finding, as we spend this week under the pall of ash and smoke, that Pucifer really fits the mood.

Lt Dak

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks all for the suggestions. We made. It to. Our destination safely and are going to relax for a couple days. Wild times. I've never seen or been through anything like this.

Might not be quite what you asked for, but I'd tend toward music that has powerful nostalgic value for you. Something strong enough to override the emotion of what you're going through now.
In addition to the suggestions here, I ended up listening to Cake's Fashion Nugget quite a bit. That's an old favorite of mine. "Frank Sinatra" and "The Distance" have taken on a new life for me.

Angstwulf

Martha and the Vandellas will chart your course:

Heatwave starts it off.

Nowhere to Run kind of says it like it is now.

BUT

This will end. Things will get better: Dancing In The Streets.

Stay safe.

Tahitijack

I'm spinning Buffalo Springfield's....Last Time Around. All sorts of moods are there. I'm wondering why it wasn't used as a movie soundtrack.

Good luck and stay safe...

Trending Topics