• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TGP 'leftover pedals' pedalboard challenge

jaywalker

Instead of throwing the pedals I don't use in the basement, I decided to stick them on a board I built for a customer who never picked it up. I was quite surprised at the results, some pretty useable - albeit rock only, sounds.
It had an old crybaby, BOSS CS-3, MD-2 and CE-2, bespeco stereo volume pedal, BOSS BF-1 and a magicstomp for all delays (demo loading on youtube at the mo), old patch cables and transformers which were covered in dust.

I used this board yesterday for a full on 80s rock gig and it was a blast, got all the old sounds I used to get when I still had hair!!!

mcerreta

sounds like a cool idea, I always thought about building another pedalboard with the pedals sitting around on my shelf:AOK

jaywalker

That's just what I did, pointless having 10 different empty boards hanging around and 50 pedals on the shelf....

here's the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QyguyAqrs

Not the most versatile board in the world but at least i don't have to lug my masterboard with me to rock only gigs anymore.

Last edited:

charmboy

I've been considering doing the same thing myself. I've got alot of great pedals that I love but just don't make the necessity cut on my main board.

jaywalker

The dano corned beef is there for image purposes only, it belongs on my rockabilly board.
The board is a 20 buck effort featuring floor parquets, leftover trim and laminate immitation stick-on diamond plate (I used this last year in my metalboard build thread).
I:AOK wouldn't be too ashamed about taking the thing out though - especially in bad light

FatTeleTom

Funny timing, as I just realized the other day that the three pedals not on my pedal board:

Boss BD-2 Blues driver
CryBaby wah
Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo

would make a pretty good setup together. All you'd need for a lot of gigs.

Not boutique by any standards, but if I can't sound good with those three, it's me, not the pedals.

I also have a Digitech RP200 I could throw on at the end of that chain for delays, verb, etc. Even as an amp sim if I needed to go direct to the board--a couple of the clean amp sims on their work nicely.

jaywalker

I could make a solid board. Boss tuner, Blues Driver, TS 808 clone, Boss RV-2 and a Yamaha Magic Stomp.
DO IT!
And if you have no use for the leftover magicstomp afterwards.....:AOK

funny, having a board with no overdrive on it has actually forced me to look into distortion - something I've never been too keen on, but I'm starting to appriciate it.

enocaster

My music room is right next to our bedroom, so on some nights when my wife is in bed, I'll take a few of my "b-list" pedals downstairs and plug into a Squier practice amp. It's kind of funny/sad when I obsess over my main setup and get great sounds out of the "leftovers" rig.

jaywalker

My music room is right next to our bedroom, so on some nights when my wife is in bed, I'll take a few of my "b-list" pedals downstairs and plug into a Squier practice amp. It's kind of funny/sad when I obsess over my main setup and get great sounds out of the "leftovers" rig.

I might know what u mean there....

I can lock myslef in safe and sound and practice with headphones in the cubby hole...

:dude

Trending Topics