TGPers with OCD - How do you align your pedals on your board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CyberFerret, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Rewiring my board for the n-th time today...

Every time I do this, I am always caught in a quandary when placing my pedals on my board - especially the bottom row.

Do I line up the press button in a perfect line so that it is ergonomically easier for my foot to move left/right across the board and engage the switch easily, or...

Do I line up the bottom edge of all the pedals so that the board looks neat and organised?

What do other TGPers do? :D

2. ryryskis

ryryskis Member

subscribed. i have major OCD about this. it got so bad that i ended up downsizing my board.

3. strombie

strombie Member

I line up the bottom edges, I can live with the switches being off line

4. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

I like to all my pedals to be at the bottom of the rail on my PT2, I dont mind too much space at the top of the pedal, but the bottom is a no-no

5. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

Just because you like things "neat" doesn't mean you have OCD.

6. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Because if I restricted this thread to just TGP members who have diagnosed Obbsessive Compulsive Disorder, then that would be considered exclusionary and possibly discriminatory.

Therefor this light hearted thread is open to people with imagined/perceived/wishful OCD as well. ;)

Pedants, axe grinders, internet tough guys, grammar & political correctness fussbudgets also welcome...

:aok

7. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

I just put them side by side. not really fussed about aligning them.

8. jordane93

jordane93 Member

What does a Fulltone OCD have anything to do with pedal alignment?;)

9. lendryesky

lendryesky Supporting Member

Okay, I'll be that guy. I literally have OCD, and for over a decade it was psychological torture. I have since, with help, managed it a lot better. I have tried committing suicide three times (it's harder than you think to kill yourself unless you have a gun). Would you start a thread with such a title regarding people with AIDS, PTDS, Down's syndrome, or other debilitating diseases or disorders? It's easy to throw around the phrase "don't be so sensitive" and such when you have not experienced first hand.

It's amazing with the wealth of knowledge out there that so many misconceptions of OCD exist today.

10. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I am sorry to hear about the effects that your condition has had upon you. This thread was in way meant to be disrespectful to sufferers of actual OCD, but I guess it not in the best of taste, and people can construe it in a bad light.

I apologize if this has caused offense. I really don't feel that my participation in this forum continues to be meaningful to many people any more, myself included, so I will bow out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.