• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Thank you Ted Weber!!

WesKuhnley

We're using his Legacy speakers too...they're a great value! Lots of "give a damn" at that shop!

EelEye

Platinum Supporting Member
What are Legacy's? Some new thing?
A Celestion clone. And a damn good one at that.

The Weber Legacy is currently my favorite Celestion-style speaker. And with lots of different configuration options and a $99 price, it's a bargain that can't be beat.

JakeELee

Good to know!

What are the specs on your speakers?
1 - 16ohm - 50oz mag - 55hz - 65wt - standard brit cap
1 - 16 ohm - 40oz mag - 75hz - 65wt - Large H cap

wired in parallel in a Port City OS wave 2 x 12.

I had tried some Celestions and Mojo speakers previously, but both made the amp too bright and a bit harsh. The combination above works beautifully with this head and makes all three settings on the bright switch usable. Loooovvvveee IT!!!

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, Ted was the man, but they've been doing OK without him. Good to see.

gtr37

Just picked up 2 Legacys 40 0z .Wondering how they would mix in a 412 with WGS Retros another speaker i dig.. thoughts

the Legacy is 65 watts Retro 75 ..sensitivity is 98 on the Weber and 100 on the WGS

vibrostrat43

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 10" that sounds amazing with my Celestion Gold 10. I was looking for a 10 inch speaker that was similar to Celestion's G12H...so I got it 16 ohms, 30 watts and it fits the bill beautifully. Nice and tight where my Gold starts to lose it, and still has the typical nice upper midrange of a british speaker.

My Vibrolux Reverb now sounds absolutely amazing cranked, and with it's modified tone stack, running the OT at double speaker impedance to match to 6v6's, and modified circuit values to get rid of excess low end I can get some rather unexpected sounds from a silverface Fender, and it tightens up even more with my OCD hitting the front end.

jp1977

I believe these are the same as the speakers weber made for scumback for years. At that pricei may check them out, thanks!

johan

Any more opinions on these?
30 or 40 Oz difference? Think Scumbacks are 35 for a Greenback

blueman61

Silver Supporting Member
Personally, I don't care about all of the controversy there seems to be about Weber and other speakers. I have one Legacy and have just purchased another. I LOVE them. End of story

Trending Topics