• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Thanks Alot Guitar Center

kena48

I ordered a used Marshall 1960A from another store and one special request - please don't ship it, unless you open the back and verify there are 4 Celestion 75s in there - I want it to match my other cabinet. Noo problem.

...8 days go by
...arrives in OKC store
...open back
...Oopsey - different speakers inside - 30s and 75s

...trying again from a store in Fredrickberg VA.

You'd think there'd be a butt load of these cabinets - but they go fast in this town; even at 500 bucks!

ROTHNROLL

a lot.
With a space.
That is all........................................................................

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
I'm about three hours away but a buddy of mine usually either has a 1960a or knows someone with and 1960a for sale around 350. If you want I'll check with him. Just shoot me a message.

kena48

Thanks jr, a young guy at the VA store said he's open the back up and call me before he ships the cab out in the AM. I'll take one more chance (without a middle man this time).

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
I've had Gtr Center screw up BUT they have always made it right. Every time.

germs

geez, i'm just jealous that you guys have 1960A's out there in the $350 price range. every crazy person out here wants north of $500 for one with peeling tolex...

speedemon

Lol, can you guess where $250 is now the going rate? With a housing bubble burst, the 4x12 is now a storage problem, not a guitar cabinet! lol

JK47

Lol, can you guess where $250 is now the going rate? With a housing bubble burst, the 4x12 is now a storage problem, not a guitar cabinet! lol
Ayup. Never paid more than $250 for a 1960-series cab and I never would

(I've had...god...4? 5?)

Agree with the guy up there - useless if you're not playing soccer stadiums

kena48

The VA store shipped me one this AM at 450 with tax & shipping. Then, another one surfaces here at guitar center for 450 & they called me. DANG IT! Oh well, I'll back to monitoring my tracking number and fantasizing about blowing the windows out of my music room.

I noticed Musician's Friend (guitar center kahoots) is asking 900 plus for a new one!

vintage66

Yeah the new ones are ridiculous. In GA they are $350-$400. Maybe $300 on a good day. $250 can be had but it will be in tatters. GC's prices are usually a little higher than craigslist though, sometimes way higher.
I'd have jumped on the 75/30 combo but I like V30's in a cab. Not sure how the mix would sound. Sucks that the guy didn't open it like he said he would though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom