Thanks Ben Fargen.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rick66, Jun 25, 2005.

1. rick66

rick66 Member

I've pestered Ben countless times with questions about my minplex. Every response from Ben was professional and in such a way that he made me feel like I was his only customer. We all know that's not the case. Ben's popularity continues to rise due to an outstanding product and EXCELLENT customer service. If anyone is considering a new amp, give Fargen Amps a looksee. You will not be sorry. Thanks again Ben :dude

2. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Benjamin among the top in his field in both quailty and customer service. I had an EL34 Bordeaux that like a fool I sold a good while back. I told Benjamin exactly what I was looking for giving him the name of a specific artist and era for an specific reference and when the amp arrived it was dead on the money. If I ever come across another EL34 Bordeaux for sale again I will be all over it! So if anyone out the has an EL34 2 - channel Bordeaux they've been thinking about letting go please drop me a line!:cool:

3. Badger71

Badger71 Member

I need his contact info if you've got it. I can't get anything off his site for some reason.

4. onemind

onemind Member

Hey Badge,

You can contact Ben at bf-amps@sbcglobal.net

He's been just as nice as everyone says regarding every (potentially) stupid question I've ever asked him...

Steve

5. Badger71

Badger71 Member

thanks for the reply.:)

6. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

+1 for Fargen amps.

I've had my MiniPlex for almost a month now and I still can't wipe the silly smile off my face.

7. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

I've got his first EL-34 Bordeaux 2x12 and will second the kadus; he's a great guy building great amps.

8. trucks

trucks Member

Haha! I've had mine about a month as well. The house was empty this morning so I played from 7:00am to noon with that silly smile on my face the whole time. And I am NOT a morning person! :p

I also thought Ben was very helpful and responsive. It was really shocking how quickly he replied to my email. Nice to have a great amp and the personal touch to go along with it.:D

9. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Ben is a great guy. He helped me out when my Miniplex (bought second-hand) got damaged in shipping, and even tweaked the gain for me while it was on his bench.

I then had the pleasure of meeting him and listening to his amps, including the incredible VOS, at the Amp Show in L.A.

Ben is a great guy, a talented amp builder, and he is deserving of success.

10. straticus

straticus Member

I agree with all of the above and I'll gladly take advantage of any chance to throw kudos and praise in Ben's direction. So, Kudos Ben!

*From a happy EL34 2 channel Bordeaux owner ....................... and there's no way I'm selling it!*;)

11. nsriley

nsriley Member

HAHA!!! I've had my mini plexi about that long as well. I just wailed through it for about an hour or so. Nothing but a grin from ear to ear!!!!!:D

-Peace
    -Nate

12. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

One more fan here ...Just delivered a Blackbird 30 (4x6V6).ahead of schedule due to a request for a special recording/tour . Ben went out of his way to help me out with time and tone! Only played it a couple of hours and WOW ....I think he got a sound to match my complicated decription and or tone request/ wordy email garble (get the idea?). For a new amp ...it feels like it came with 40 year old funk injection ...sparkle, articulation ...and sings a sustained note even .before we dial the volume up into grit territory .Still gotta break the speaker in ...fun to come .later cats

13. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

Yep... happy 2 channel Bordeax owner here :) (actually it's the first Epic 30 DC he made, with a Bordeax label on the inside, but who's keeping track? :D)

Ben makes one of the finest amps I've ever played. This amp has stood longer than any other one I've ever had in my possession... and if anyone here knows me, that says a lot :dude

14. MuseCafeChris

MuseCafeChris Senior Member

MiniPlex owner and fan here. HUGE bottom end through my 4x12, tough and punchy through a friend's 4x10. Me likey.