Thanks for nothing Paul C.... (timmy stacking)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by henryjurstin13, Jan 27, 2012.

1. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

As I'm going through some dirt boxes I've owned for a while, trying to see what will go nicely with the Timmy -- before and after.... I've come up with 1 answer:

I need a TIM. Uggghhhhhh!!!

Everything sounds harsh or too (this) or too (that). I just kept wanting to rely on the Timmy for everything, but with different gain settings. I guess it's time to clean out the stomps again & buy a TIM.

Back to the original process -- any tips on pedals that like to be before or after the timmy? Or certain pedals in particular? I've got a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (original grey, and 1st series red), Ibanez TS9DX, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Plimsoul, Fulltone Fat-Boost, & Zendrive clone. Help please...

2. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

The Timmy is so transparent and EQ'able that I like all of my drives before it. This way when I turn on the Timmy it is like an extension or additional expression of my tubescreamer/bluesbreaker/fuzz/whatever else I'm using. I have only found one type of overdrive that didn't play well with the Timmy in my setup, the Visual Sound 808 circuits.

3. Paulo Grua

Paulo Grua Member

I use a Klone and a Amp50 with the Timmy. The Amp50 boosts the Timmy into higher gain, and the Klon, I use it after the Timmy to bring the mid content up a bit.

4. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I've never had any problems stacking with the blue side of the Tim I have, before of after other OD pedals.

5. taez555

taez555 Member

I've had some good luck with stacking the timmy...

;-)

6. thewordking

thewordking Member

I love my byoc large beaver into the Tim. Musket, too.

7. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I use my Timmy as a solo boost... so it's after my OCD, my FN5 and my TBIAC. works great with all three!

AND... regarding the post above me, shouldn't you be putting something INTO your large beaver???? DOH!!! (couldn't resist, sorry)

8. meterman

meterman Member

Fuzzface > TIM/my, Plimsoul >TIM/my, Rx Germ > TIM/my, all good stacks I've used lately. I don't think I've found anything that doesn't sound as good or better when stacked before a TIM.

9. TheReverendCommon

TheReverendCommon Member

def one of the greatest videos of all time

10. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

No one's mentioned a TS?

I run a TS (TREX Moller) into my Timmy. 2 completely different sounds. They work great together or separately.

11. Cosmogang

Cosmogang Member

I found the Timmy (when last in the drive chain) made EVER SINGLE pedal before it sound bigger and fatter and more gooder and scrumdiddles. Never had a problem.

12. adamwestlake

adamwestlake Member

i love a crunchbox and afatboost after my tim

13. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

10 points

14. The_Wretched

The_Wretched Member

2:23-2:44 is what my solos sound like.

Love this video. :rotflmao

15. taez555

taez555 Member

Thanks guys! :)

In all seriousness... really the whole point of that video, other than the tongue-in-cheek awesomeness of stacking 4 gain stages that shouldn't work together, is showing that given any setting or song, anything can work. The whole last minute of the video when I'm soloing with all 3 pedals on at once with the gain cranked, what you see is what you hear, and it actually works. At the end of the day, it's just music, and music is what we make of it.

As for using it normally when I'm not stacking things for Youtube fame, :), I find the timmy not only works as a great pedal by itself, but the tone controls really do a great job of shaping the overall tone of a long chain of gain stages. There's just something about the way the EQ cuts, rather than most pedals that add, that allows tweaking without messing up the overall tone of stacked pedals. All while adding that "mojo" that the Timmy has. It really is just a great pedal.

16. SeicheNZ

SeicheNZ Member

timmy works great with honey bee, the compliment each other very well.

17. mangoman

mangoman Gold Supporting Member

Mine too! Made the dogs howl with that note. Nicely done. I'm gonna use that stack tomorrow. Should work with the buddy holly song I am doing.