That Abba thread really got me thinking about more than just my gear/settings.......

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by michael.e, Jul 15, 2006.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Well, and I was up till 4:00 a.m. re-arranging my studio. Fatbacks loop videos got me really into using the looper that I bought from him a while back.
    I laid down this loop using my uber cheezzy Realistic/Moog synth from about '72, my cleanish guitar with the Maxon Phaser that was a direct feed off of my Hotplate, a hand-drum that I put a Transducer on and plugged straight in to the board, and that is it.

I played a slow, melodic lead line over the whole thing. That was mic'd. I completely stopped thinking about what I was playing, and just played.

I used a Soulbender on the first half, that was backed off to about 5/6 on my guitar, and a Screwdriver that was pushed by a COT 50 on the second half.

I am still futzing with mic placement on the lead lines, so that will improve over time.

If the link does not work, go down to my Soundclick page and do the Jammy Jamm..
    http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=4192685&q=hi

2. anyone

anyone Member

Hey Michael,

Fellow obsessive compulsive night-owl, eh?
    Sounds killer!
    I don't know if you've listened to much Phil Keaggy (or if you get outraged to no end when people say you sound like a certain player...sorry if that's the case...), but some of your phrasing sounds downright Keaggyish (freakin' awesome).
    You're right about the link not working, by the way.

Chris

3. michael.e

I most certainly appreciate the parallel lines. I have not really listened to Phil, I must check him out.

Thanks for the compliments and the input!

M.E.

4. anyone

anyone Member

5. michael.e