That feeling when you click on MF’s Stupid Deal of the Day ...

the only consistent deals i find from the big box online retailers is in the guitar center used section. Sometimes it's junk but sometimes they list stuff...even guitars for cheaper than Reverb. And you can return it to any of their locations if it doesn't work or isn't in the condition it was listed in. I think most people just aren't looking for used stuff at guitar center. pretty cool cause the used section at a store on the other side of the country might have a lot of different stuff compared to the local options.

-TJ-

That wampler reverb was the only great deal I've seen this year. I've already got a Wampler Faux Spring reverb and an Eventide Blackhole so there was no reason to get it.... otherwise it's mostly disappointment.

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
every time the hercules wall hangers come up they're sold out by the time I click on them

fjrabon

the only consistent deals i find from the big box online retailers is in the guitar center used section. Sometimes it's junk but sometimes they list stuff...even guitars for cheaper than Reverb. And you can return it to any of their locations if it doesn't work or isn't in the condition it was listed in. I think most people just aren't looking for used stuff at guitar center. pretty cool cause the used section at a store on the other side of the country might have a lot of different stuff compared to the local options.
I got a Keeley red dirt germanium last week on GC used (my local store) for $80. Pristine mint condition in the box with all stickers and documentation. I’ve never seen one that was any condition sell for below $100

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
They did a Stupid Deal of the Hour on a Vox AC15hw a couple years back for around $800. Didn't have the funds at the time, and never saw it again.
There are really good ones like that once a year or so.
The one that really killed me was about a decade or so ago, during the first year or two that they did it (I think). They were blowing out $2k baritone Les Paul Standards for $499. But that was in the days when there was sort of an East Coast bias to when it started each day. By the time I saw the listing in CA, they were well sold out.

R2-DD2

There are really good ones like that once a year or so.
The one that really killed me was about a decade or so ago, during the first year or two that they did it (I think). They were blowing out $2k baritone Les Paul Standards for $499. But that was in the days when there was sort of an East Coast bias to when it started each day. By the time I saw the listing in CA, they were well sold out.
i seem to recall them blowing out gibson nighthawks back in the day, that one sticks out as a missed opportunity to me

fjrabon

But only the Tribute series.
And they’re also not the same as the regular tribute series. Somebody did a side by side breakdown a while back and all the hardware and electronics are somehow even cheaper than the normal tribute series.

Random1643

Gold Supporting Member
+1 I've somehow developed the - admittedly stupid - reflex to check every day, but have never bought a single item via SDOTD.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
And they’re also not the same as the regular tribute series. Somebody did a side by side breakdown a while back and all the hardware and electronics are somehow even cheaper than the normal tribute series.
Wow, I had no idea.