“That Pedal Show - going stale?” Thread - going stale?

cameron

that was a zombie thread from 2016. it's beyond stale, it bears the rank odor of the sepulchre

Their format is simply too long if you're trying to get a relatively quick review of a pedal.
They clearly state on nearly every show that pedal reviews are not what they do, they are going for a broader discussion of how pedals can be used.

There are hundreds of pedal review channels and TPS isn’t one of them. Maybe that’s the misunderstanding. The banter IS the show, and I enjoy it very much, myself. Their subscribers and views continue to grow so I’m not the only one.

Seance

I thought parodies were suppose to be funny?
Nope. Sorry. You got it wrong, bub.

A parody thread is deadly serious business!

For those like @megatrav that don't know... a parody thread is
a thread in which TGPers endlessly debate what to pair with their OD.

If you don't know how to properly pair OD, then GIF the fuzz out....
200w.gif

petty1818

What I don’t get is this whole idea that the original thread was meant to bash the show. The OP was asking if the show is going stale. Can we not discuss and criticize without being called out for bashing? I know some posts got to be a bit too much, but I don’t get this notion of the whole thread being full of terrible people.

Alchemist XP

They clearly state on nearly every show that pedal reviews are not what they do, they are going for a broader discussion of how pedals can be used.

There are hundreds of pedal review channels and TPS isn’t one of them. Maybe that’s the misunderstanding. The banter IS the show, and I enjoy it very much, myself. Their subscribers and views continue to grow so I’m not the only one.
There are certain times I really like their show, especially if they're going over a pedal that I already have that I'm curious about how they use it and their perspective.

They both seem to be nice guys and there's usually some pretty good playing going on. I particularly like the episodes where they compare different pedals against one another. As I look at the backdrop to their studio, I'm always struck by the amount of investment they've made into their gear.

Whizzinby

Silver Supporting Member
Once you start to see obnoxious enlightened takes like “dogmatic white guy blues” hit a thread, it’s time move on.

Strummerfan

Perhaps one needs a mirror to find out what is indeed going "stale".
Making a thread to bash a thread bashing a YouTube channel made by complete strangers is weird.
I know it can sometimes be difficult to cope with people having an opinion that is different than you, but that is part of being a person.
I hope this experience will help you to grow as a person.
I think he was joking.

Expensive setup ready to go:

Blues solo intro, more solo, talk, talk, (always) OVERLY praises ALL the pedals, numerous name drops (honk-honk) more blues solos, (switch guitars) even more blues solos, more talk, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!

Rinse and repeat.

It's just not for me. Maybe cos I'm not into blues and poor.

let me guess, you are a silicon valley engineer

Stale and they make beige seem positively vibrant.

that's super mean lmao

Last edited:

jujube

I loved the thread until the last 4-5 pages; I've started to tire of the format and I'm finding the quietly snobbish attitude of some of the posts a bit irritating.

What do you guys make of the thread lately?
It's pretty much the only guitar oriented YouTube channel I watch. I find it to be quite interesting especially the episodes around various types of delays.

Kaschko

Well, I don't really find things that are so far removed from wit or intelligence to be "fun" or funny (the word I used) :)
Pretty standard response from anyone who didn't get a joke. It's of course always the others who lack intelligence...

By the way, this isn't a thread about the pedal show.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom