That Pedal Show - going stale?

In the six years this thread has been running TPS views and subscriptions have continued to rise many fold. Between the two, Mick and Dan seem to know pretty much everybody… this last week they performed a series of gigs with Andy Timmons for example (and did a live TPS Q&A with him). In comparison TGP is the one that is quite stale IMO.

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
I still like the show, and my ‘criticism’ is common to any youtube programming: if you’re doing over a half hour, put some time stamps in the notes. I don’t have patience/time to just tune in for those one- or two-hour sessions. Especially the FAQ stuff. Maybe it’s just that I’ve reached a saturation point after having watched sooooo many pedal/gear demos, or that i already have all the gear I could need, or maybe I’m just too old for this ****.

macrossgeorge

Gold Supporting Member
Can anyone tell me what the numbers in the background are on that digital read out (red numbers on a black screen against the back wall)? It is a bit distracting but I am also just curious what it is.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes and the HX Stomp is a pedal. Many modelers are. They aren't any different than many offerings by Strymon, Eventide or a myriad of others they have featured. All are digital and software driven.
Yeah, they are different. They MODEL amps, cabinets and effects. There is a difference.

John Rush

The problem is that the show needs to branch out. They’ve done the usual suspects to death. The best episodes (to my kind) have been the most exotic: looking at a real Binson echorec, etc. Their one Kingsley video revolutionised the Kingsley brand and put them on the map in a real way.

More content like that would be great. Looking at a bunch of tired SS OD pedals is just pointless in 2022.
Just watch the OD reviews in multiple settings unless you’re going to die soon. Then I’d suggest buying a Klon.

Tonemaniac

I love That Pedal show, and Dan and Mick! Can't get enuf of it. Yup, huge fanboy here.

As for naming guitars, as I was just telling "Tequila" (my Player Plus Strat), "Tele Vision" (my Fender Special Edition Telecaster), and "Mr. Epic" (my Epiphone LP Custom Pro), this very morning, I think it is silly and immature -- and they all agreed.

conanb

It's funny how entitled everyone has become. Here's a quality show, high production values, niche content (the exact niche this particular forum is dedicated to), regularly produced, you get it completely free(!!!), and people still find **** to complain about.
First World problems? First World spoilt children

NoiseNinja

Their one Kingsley video revolutionised the Kingsley brand
What does this mean? :dunno

Cause I just can't make any sense of it.

How would a YouTube video revolutionize a company brand? :huh

I mean, for instance a pedal designer/manufacture affiliated with a specific brand might revolutionize how we use/think about a classic type of effect with a pedal they made by bringing something entirely new and unique to the functionality of said effect type that everyone in the industry would want to copy, but as far as I can tell the above is pure nonsense, and I genuinely have no clue whatsoever what it is supposed to mean.

Might be because English is not my first language though. :dunno

Last edited:

conanb

What does this mean? :dunno

Cause I just can't make any sense of it.

How does a YouTube video revolutionize a company brand? :huh

I mean, for instance a pedal brand might revolutionize how we use/think about a classic type of effect with a pedal they make by bringing something entirely new and unique to the functionality of that effect type that everyone in the industry would want to copy, but as far as I can tell the above is pure nonsense, and I genuinely have no clue whatsoever what it is supposed to mean.

Might be because English is not my first language though. :dunno
I would assume he means their episode on Kingsley had a massive impact on brand recognition and sales for that company. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems he's saying.

NoiseNinja

To me it seems like if you don't like the show then most likely it is because you are not the right kind of audience for this kind of show, I can't really find anything objectively wrong with the format, execution or production in general that would suggest otherwise.

And the viewer and subscription numbers seem to support this as well.

Dedicating a thread to the topic of not being the targeted audience comes off as rather odd to me, no one is forcing you to watch it (hopefully).

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom