• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

That Pedal Show to launch new “pedal store” in USA.

Brian Gilmour

Dan and Mick said during their weekly live Q&A that they’re soft launching a new website tomorrow at 10 AM EST called That Pedal Shop. They have a network of 4 distributors across the US to quickly ship things out. They were very vague and didn’t want to crash the site when it launches but it sounds like it will be a Sweetwater-ish deal with just pedals. Can’t wait to get my call from Dan asking how my DD-8 is working out for me…..

Edit: Link added and correct name of website changed.

Last edited:

Brian Gilmour

I don't really watch the show but I am interested to see what the store will have to offer. Maybe I should start watching the show...
Probably won’t be any Strymon Iridium’s in the shop after Dan trashed it and the other amp sim pedals on last Friday’s show. I imagine Keeley will have a big presence…especially with the D&M Drive Still in production.

dancehall

I didn’t hear it, but I would imagine it’s just a U.S. based version of the store they already have, selling merch and the two pedals they collaborated on with pedal companies. I think for them to actually sell a wide variety of guitar pedals would be a massive conflict of interest that would poison the show going forward.

placebo62

Silver Supporting Member

LaXu

Probably won’t be any Strymon Iridium’s in the shop after Dan trashed it and the other amp sim pedals on last Friday’s show.
TPS is not exactly the best place to go for competent discussion on digital modelers meant to be run direct. They have proven in many shows that they just don't understand the tech nor have the will to learn to use it fully.

Dan has been positive about the Yamaha THR10 as a home tool and probably much of that is because it's very amplike to use without having to worry about output systems, cab sims etc.

billbfoot

Gold Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure they benefit from their relationships with manufacturers and retailers (eg mick getting his tele from andertons, jam pedals doing tps exclusives) .
For me they should just be up front about it.
I’m pretty sure they give a verbal recognition of Andertons at the end of most of their shows. And they’ve been very open about their collaboration with JAM Pedals.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom