• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

That strat magic

omfg51

I'm a huge Gibson fan. I love the les paul and SG that I own. Very fantastic guitars. But there is just something about a strat plugged into a sparkly, clean amp, that when you play it, a different part of you comes out. I always love to play Jimmy Page style stuff whenever I've got one of my gibsons out, I'll plug into my amp and get some great dirt and play some real rock n roll. But whenever I get my strat out, it's like I play stuff I've never heard myself play. All this sparkly, clean, pretty, double stop, slappy, choppy goodness just flows out like hoover dam bursting open. I was never a strat guy before, but I've really come around, and I'm really embracing what a simple strat into a clean amp can do to me.

vibrasonic

I played my gibson LP exclusively for the first 7 years i started playing in bands, then i got a strat and everything changed. I still play my gibsons but my strats are the #1 go to guitar for gigs. My #1, 63 hardtail

#2, my CS 60 RI

#3, My CS 56 RI

omfg51

Both beautiful looking instruments. Might I inquire what the pups loaded in are?

vibrasonic

Both beautiful looking instruments. Might I inquire what the pups loaded in are?
The 63 has the original PUPs, as do the RIs. They are all great sounding. I try to buy guitars that sound good to me off the bat so i don't have to mess around with changing PUPs (or anything else).

jo2012

I played my gibson LP exclusively for the first 7 years i started playing in bands, then i got a strat and everything changed. I still play my gibsons but my strats are the #1 go to guitar for gigs. My #1, 63 hardtail

The aging on that plastic looks so awesome! and that is a killer looking Strat!

omfg51

The 63 has the original PUPs, as do the RIs. They are all great sounding. I try to buy guitars that sound good to me off the bat so i don't have to mess around with changing PUPs (or anything else).
Always a plus. That's another thing about gibson. For me, a new one always means a pup swap, a new nut and usually different tuners.

Jay C

But there is just something about a strat plugged into a sparkly, clean amp
+1

Love my hb guitars, too, but I "feel" my favorite strat more, esp clean
65 strat into a 65 pro reverb=heaven for me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom