That's Sir Ray Davies to you mate

Cropduster

I thought knighthood was something completely different than what what we see today. I suppose the definition changed over time...

jfranks

Congrats to one of the best songwriters that Great Britain has ever produced.

How apropos is it that Mr. Davies should receive such an honor since
his musical stylings are so " English ".

Last edited:

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
His writing abilities are level with the Paul & John, Pete T, Pete S,Paul S, and sometimes even Bob. I saw them in the mid 70's a couple of times and the performances were extraordinary. Those boys liked beer back then.

rwmct

I must have seen the Kinks a dozen times, though not until the late 70s. I loved it that they had him perform at the London Olympics.

He is one of the all time greats.

Phletch

I thought knighthood was something completely different than what what we see today. I suppose the definition changed over time...
Yeah, knighthood ain't what it used to be. You used to have to slay some dragons and display bravery in battle for the king's or queen's honor. Now, apparently, you just have to write some songs and be able to sell out Wembley Stadium.

Come at me, f*****s, I've got my Nomex on. :rotflmao

GrungeMan

My favorite Kinks album Low Budget. It's your attitude...Catch me now I'm falling...Pressure Pressure I got pressure oh yeah...Wish I could fly like Superman...Anybody here on a low budget? Yes Sir, all worthy of Knighthood! :aok

rwmct

My favorite Kinks album Low Budget. It's your attitude...Catch me now I'm falling...Pressure Pressure I got pressure oh yeah...Wish I could fly like Superman...Anybody here on a low budget? Yes Sir, all worthy of Knighthood! :aok

Not my favorite, but a good one, and they toured a lot in those days and a lot of people got to see them who missed out in the earlier periods.

kinmike

Gold Supporting Member

It's on my turntable right now.

Hooray for Sir Ray and the Lads!!!

Most of ya'll here of about my age were motivated to Guitar Bands because of the Beatles. But I didn't have access to TV and listened to the compositions and couldn't imagine doing what those 4 did.

But Ray and Dave and Pete and Mick were doing something I realized I could maybe handle. And there is the germ of my decision to quickly accept when I got offered an audition and I don't regret it at all. Much love for Ray and every one of the Kinks. Three Cheers for them!! :^)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom