• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

THD 2/12 cabs

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
These things are amazing sounding. Woody smooth and warm come to mind right away. Especially with twoRock G12 speakers. ;)

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
I can't think of a better 2x12... The standard, for me...

The way the sound surrounds you is really something.
I remember playing thru David Simpson's Marshall Pre Rola 100 watt 4x12 saying this thing makes everything sound better. His reply was this was the cabinet that was used for the voicing the THD 2x12. This made sense to me.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
These things are amazing sounding. Woody smooth and warm come to mind right away. Especially with twoRock G12 speakers. ;)
Interesting my two go to cabs are our 2x12, one is loaded with Heritage 65s the other with Golds.

Terry Hayes

My favorite as well. It has sounded good with every head I have used it with - currently a Budda SD18.

Terry

Tag

Amazing how it sounds really big yet is so small. What a great design! I want one in Creme colored Tolex. Ed, can you arrange that? Also, how is it possible to run two heads into the same cab? VERY VERY cool idea!!!!

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Amazing how it sounds really big yet is so small. What a great design! I want one in Creme colored Tolex. Ed, can you arrange that? Also, how is it possible to run two heads into the same cab? VERY VERY cool idea!!!!
Creme is no problem. It's one of the options. I assume you get stuff from Buzz? Also in order to run two heads I can have the jack plate wired for stereo. As in use one jack and you get a 8 ohm mono cab. Use both jacks and each will go to a 16 ohm speaker.

GAT

I had two THDs and two Port City cabs, then I got a Hard Trucker. Now I just have two Hard Truckers. The other cabs sounded very boxy and had frequency spikes. The HTs are airy, full, and really sound natural. I used the same speakers so it was apples to apples.

The only other cabs I have are two '69 Marshalls.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
I had two THDs and two Port City cabs, then I got a Hard Trucker. Now I just have two Hard Truckers. The other cabs sounded very boxy and had frequency spikes. The HTs are airy, full, and really sound natural. I used the same speakers so it was apples to apples.

The only other cabs I have are two '69 Marshalls.

Post the prices of the Hard Truckers vs the others ? Also sizewise , how do they compare? Thanks

Eric

GAT

Post the prices of the Hard Truckers vs the others ? Also sizewise , how do they compare? Thanks

Eric
Size is great, small and portable. Cost is much more. I bought one used and one new. THDs and wonderful cabs, I just like these much more. I sold all my 2x12 cabs once I got one.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Size is great, small and portable. Cost is much more. I bought one used and one new. THDs and wonderful cabs, I just like these much more. I sold all my 2x12 cabs once I got one.

Believe me , I FRICKIN LOVE the looks of the Hard Truckers, but never can their dimensions might be. Like in your photo they look really big . HOw does it compare sizewise/dimensionwise to a THD, etc? The Bogner is the biggest and heaviest 2x12 I have ,but I have a variey of small ones like the Naylor and a Whitesands Tweed/Pine one, and a Jenkins that's sort of an in-betweener

Eric

Terry Hayes

The other thing I like is that it is open, 3-d, and sparkly for clean tones and then, when you ramp up the distortion, it gets crunchy/punchy and is great for overdriven sounds.

Terry

Terry Hayes

Eric
According to the website, the Hard Truckers JG1 loaded with Tone Tubby Hempcone speakers lists for $1299.99. They are 29" H x 15" W x 13" D and weigh 52 lb. (loaded).

Terry

GAT

According to the website, the Hard Truckers JG1 loaded with Tone Tubby Hempcone speakers lists for $1299.99. They are 29" H x 15" W x 13" D and weigh 52 lb. (loaded).

Terry
I was just going to post this, thanks.

They are pretty small actually, very portable and easy to move. I bought Tuki covers for them. Two fit on a large Auralex Gramma.

Trending Topics