THD 2x12 ported extension cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by davidkiddmusic, Oct 14, 2005.

1. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

Anybody got one of these? How do they sound? I think most of them are built open back... not sure. Im interested in them for their portability and big sound in a small package. Let me know what you think... Thanks.

2. fyler

fyler Member

i have two. they are (IMO, natch) the best 2x12 around. extremely portable, HUGE sound (which spreads nicely, not lazer beam straight)...they look nice.....they cost a little more than a lot of cabs (avatar, etc), but they are worth every penny.

3. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

Cool. Thanks. What speakers are you using in them?

4. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

have a few...those are ported bass reflex, NOT open back though.
    [​IMG]

5. rwe333

rwe333 Member

These are killer designs - great sound, big throw, suit a range of styles/rigs, portable... Can't go wrong... I like the stock THD speakers in 'em.

6. Mark C

Mark C Member

Best 2x12 I've ever heard. They are exactly as advertised - big sound in a small, lightweight package. Lots of thump with good sound spread.

7. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

I was never totally happy with my sound until I picked up my THD 2x12. Small, light, huge sound, well made, good for cleans and dirties and seems to eliminate the need for reverb....full package. I have the Thd vintage 12's in mine with weber beam blockers on them.

8. ModTourMan

ModTourMan Member

All the previous praise is true. I will add that this cab and stock speakers also works with the heavily attenuated settings (on my THD Univalve) I am forced to practice at. Great product. Top rate quality.

9. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

I'm a little bit nuts...I actually own three of the THD 2x12's (all with the CL80 speakers). Actually, I just changed one cabs speakers over to a weber ceramic and alnico blue dog - sounds fantastic, maybe better than the CL80s. The THD and Matchless cabs are my favorite 2x12 cab designs ever, and I've owned and played many.

10. fyler

fyler Member

one of mine has the thd modded CL80s, the other has the thd vintage/longhorn mix. both sound great, together they sound huuuuuuuuuuuge:dude

11. Babaji

Babaji Member

The THD 2X12" cab is a winner! A great size and handling of power. I can plug in everything from A-Z and get great sounds. The Classic lead 80's can even handle a 1971 Super lead(Ed, don't try this at home!). Get yours today...
    Bill

12. v-verb

v-verb Member

Showoff!

;)

13. RSRD

RSRD Member

I use the THD 2X12 w/ one vintage one longhorn when the band plays smaller venunes (when I cant use the bogner half stack) and it really sounds great. Great tonal spectrum. It's also my #1 cab when i practice at home. Can't go wrong with one.

They pop up in the emporium every now and then. If you do a search on THD in the amp emporium you probably could grab one in very good condition for $400-$450.

~thomas

14. RSRD

RSRD Member