THD customer service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by pokey, May 4, 2005.

1. pokey

pokey Supporting Member

Just have to relate my customer service experience with THD and Ed DeGenero. I recently purchased a Flexi from the Emporium and when I received it something was wrong- tubes were getting extremely hot like they were getting way too much voltage. I e-mailed Ed and he promptly gave me a RA# to send it back to THD. I sent it and THD got it last friday. They fixed it and shipped it out on monday- no charge! Also are sending a new set of EL34's! They really didn't have to do this, and I certainly wasn't expecting it.
    THD rocks :dude

2. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

Their support is UNBELIEVABLE. THD rocks! :cool:

3. mailman

mailman Member

++++1

4. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Yeah - remarkable, conscientious people.

5. JMguitars

JMguitars Guest

I dont post very often but aside from a letter to Andy praising his staff, I do think contributing to a thread thanking them is the next best thing.

THD just like many of the other builders out there, make great sounding amps with features that are really practical and appealling to me.

What sets them apart in my book is the humility and open mindedness of the staff that I have communicated with.

On one hand, I harbour a desire that they remain the same size 'cause of the great customer service, yet on the other hand I hope that they'll find the commercial success that Andy and his staff deserve.

Just my 2 cents ..

Mark

6. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

done just like it should be done.

kudos to ed.

jimmy

7. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

Im am so glad that there are still company's out there that still really care about running a good business that treats people right. That is getting so hard to find these days.
    The Flexi is on my radar as my next amp. Now more so than ever. Too :cool:

8. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I really like their products in a big way, but 10 weeks lead time on a pair of Yellow jackets is a bit much. Must be a big demand for them or something.:FM

9. Mike M

Mike M Supporting Member

Is there any new amps coming from THD? I had heard at some point they were going to offer a 4x12.

10. Blueser

Blueser Member

Ed the THE man! Top notch service, and a wealth of knowledge!!!! A true class act!!!

11. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Think it's available this month - a great souding, killer design w/ built-in beam blockers!

12. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

It's simple. The company that makes the tubing we use discontinued it. In order for us to get more we would've orderered what amounts to 25 times the amount of Yellow Jackets.
    We then had to do drawings to have the tubing injection molded. that took time, then we needed to wait for the samples for the molds. Then we had to have them test run, and now we're running the tubing. tyhen we have to build Yellow Jackets.
    Sometimes it's as simple as not being able to substitude part A with part B and then it's either figuring out a different way or discontinuing a product.
    Dig?

13. Ed DeGenaro

Thanks Wayne...it'll be shipping end of May.

14. Blueser

Blueser Member

Hey Ed,

Any pics of the new 4x12 available?

Thanks,
    B

15. Ed DeGenaro

Not on a server, e-mail me...looks like any 4x12 with the grille on though.

16. cyclerob

cyclerob Member

Ed rules!!! I dropped my Bi-Valve on the floor by accident a little while ago and broke one of the red pre-amp tube retainers... He sent me a replacement one pronto with a couple of the small light bulbs that I couln't locate in my area... All that GRATOS even if he knew that I wasn't the original owner of the amp!!! Can't beat that kind customer service!

Thanks again Ed!

Dominique

17. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Wow. OK, I feel that was an adequate explanation, and appreciate it. I'll make no further fuss of the matter.:eek:

18. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Time for me to pile on some more praise. Ed it tip top. You just find people more willing to help or better equiped to do so. My hat remains off to him and THD.

19. angelo

angelo Member

good on ya Ed.:cool:

20. countandduke

countandduke Member

I've been praising THD amps for a bit and in fact just ordered myself a Flexi!!! Should be here this Tuesday.

THD is in my opinion one of, if not THE best company out there. Ed D. is perhaps my long lost older brother or at least treats me as such.

If you all feel the same way I do about THD amps, do what I did!! Spread the word.....with today's ability to email, many of our favorite artists have websites. Send them a quick email letting them know how much you dig THD amps. I did just that, and hooked up a famous guitarist with Ed. Can't say who, but you all would know this person!!

Spread the word, THD and their staff deserve HIGH praise and I can think of NO better way than to pass on the knowledge to guitar players that we all love to listen to!! Carl Verheyen, Brett Garsed and Shawn Lane are/were THD users......Let's help add to that list!!!

:dude :dude :dude

Chris (countandduke)