1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thd univalve

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LARRY GERSHON, May 17, 2011.

1. LARRY GERSHON

LARRY GERSHON Silver Supporting Member

Univalve crapped out while playing- replaced the hf fuse- power is on tubes light up- no sound- any thoughts??

2. Demo

Demo Member

Tubes all glow?

3. LARRY GERSHON

4. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

Was the old fuse burnt out? Have you replaced/checked the power tubes? Have you replaced/checked the preamp tubes.

5. SinkingShip

SinkingShip Member

I went through a spat of fuses and tubes on my Bivalve, took a while to get over it but eventually I just replaced all the fuses ( low cost no effort option) to avoid that fun sound of silence 3rd song into a gig. Make sure they are the right amps and slow or fast etc and dont trust the old eyeball test.. get them onto a multimeter to be sure.

Valves, same thing just change out em out and see what happens, can't get any easier or foolproof than a THD, somedays I swap valves just cos I'm bored :p.

Note : I think my problems were driven by running full tilt with the incorrect speaker impedance switched one night so just double check all your setup to be sure.

6. LARRY GERSHON

Fuses are all good- swapped out all tubes- did notice that with a 6v6 for a power tube normally if you apply high voltage the plates on the tube will glow- now when i turn on the amp and flip to high power the plates do not glow- still all tubes are lit- power is on no sound

7. ripoffriffs

ripoffriffs Supporting Member

Doesn't the manual say not to use 6V6 on hi power mode? Or does that only apply to the Flexi-50?

If not doen already, try a different power tube.

8. pokey

pokey Member

I'd email THD. They took care of me when my Flexi broke years ago. It might be something simple.

9. small axe

small axe Member

could have blown something inside, filter cap etc....i would bring it to someone who can look at it more thoroughly