The 2014/2015 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mdrake34, Aug 3, 2014.

1. agradywills

agradywills Member

Do you have a second? Can I run something by you........................oh wait.

RTR

2. CRAIG4FSU

CRAIG4FSU Whatever... Silver Supporting Member

We need a "week 2" thread for next week.

Holy cow there's a lot of Penn St fans in Ireland!

GO NOLES!!!!
    and
    GO UK!!!

Oh yeah,i never mind seeing Spurrier lose.

3. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

UC fan here too. Left Chicago recently and living in Columbus so dealing with the fans of the toxic nuts. You should come up to tailgate when the Bearcats play OSU. I might be able to go to the game if a friend comes through with the ticket.

4. jamiegold

jamiegold Member

This! Good start to what hopefully will be a great season. We'll know more next week v. Notre Dame.

5. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Y'all looked a little shaky yesterday, though the Kiffin-cam was certainly entertaining.

After a rocky start for Auburn's D, we came back and rolled. Marshall is without a doubt our QB, but he leaves us in capable hands next year with JJ.

6. agradywills

agradywills Member

That's a 10-4 on being shaky. I'm a little worried about Sims. Could we trade for Marshall?

7. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

My wife and I kicked off our third year as Georgia season ticket holders yesterday at the Georgia Clemson game. What a game for Georgia! Especially the second half! I think we're going to rename our cat Todd Gurley:red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  8. Glenn D.

Glenn D. Member

Because you can't catch him?

9. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

10. AL30

AL30 Member

Aaaarrrgh!! So close! We had a shot to win this one. Alabama gave us too many chances and then we dropped about a half dozen passes and had some stupid mistakes. It was a nerve wracking game to watch. But it gives me hope for the rest of the season - for a change. It was nice to see us finally hold up against a good team. You're QB did a nice job avoiding blitzes.

I think you guys need a bigger offensive line - where do you find those guys?

AL

11. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

:D

The freshman from cedartown, Nick Chubb, also had some great plays in spite of it clearly being the Todd Gurley show. Mason also played at a better pace than we were used to with Murray... Murray always liked to make sure opposing teams were completely ready prior to taking the snap. Hoping for a good year:red

12. Craig Walker

Craig Walker "Anger, fear, aggression. The Bark Side are they" Gold Supporting Member

Halftime of LSU/Wisc was at 10:00 CT.......this old man couldn't make it.

What's up with that game starting at 8:00??

Geaux Tigers!

13. auburn-grad

auburn-grad Member

I went to the Auburn game. The first half was unbearably HOT. Most of the stadium had sold out of bottled water. It cooled off during the 3rd quarter when the bad weather started approaching.

As far as the game goes, I was a little disappointed in the defense. Arkansas did a good job of tearing us up in the first half, but we made some adjustments in the second half and finished the game strong.

We are stacked at running back, receiver, and both quarterbacks played well.

We should do pretty good this year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  14. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

I was disappointed in the defense as well. I know it was probably a part of a specific game plan for Arkansas' MASSIVE O-line, but I did not like having Gabe Wright and Montravious Adams at DE. Those guys are prototypical DT's and that's where they need to play to keep the DT rotation fresh.

I don't think I saw Ellijah Daniels once saturday - he was a five star recruit last year. I did see Ladarious Owens later in the game. They need to get the d-line rotation figured out.

On most of Arkansas' big runs, the d-line got penetration and blew past the play, so the RB could basically walk into the second level, and our LB's weren't making the plays. Thankfully the D looked much more stout in the second half.

But yeah, we're going to be even better on offense this year. Hopefully it will carry the defense again.

15. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

A few of these have sprung up.

16. PowerDude

PowerDude Member

War Eagle!
    I really think the defense will improve, I just hope they do so before they lose a game for us.
    I too, wonder what's up with Elijah Daniel. And Carl Lawson can't get back quick enough.

17. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

War Eagle! I have no idea what the deal is with Daniel, I looked at snap counts and I think he played like 10 snaps. I think they went with the big d-line to combat Ark.'s huge o-line, but it didn't work. I think they need to let the regular de's play and keep Wright and Adams at DT.

18. Colt14jr

Colt14jr Member

19. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

Five teams this week from the SEC West are in the top 10. . .
    Alabama 3
    Auburn 5
    Texas A & M 6
    LSU 8
    Ole Miss 10. . .

If you win the SEC West, you'll probably be in the final 4. . .unless they each beat each other up so bad that they've all got 2 losses.

20. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

#BeatAuburn was trending on twitter this morning. How adorable.

I'll be flipping back and forth all night between Auburn and the Falcons' game. They've never played at the same time, ever. Kinda mind blown.