The $25 Thousand Dollar LP at Muzicky Frenz

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SiloScience, Dec 25, 2009.

1. SiloScience

SiloScience Member

2. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

Is it really any crazier than the price of the Jimmy Page sigs? Or the Pearly Gates? They are just Les Pauls with a famous player's name on the price tag. They just adjust the price to fit the artist name. Nice axes, but not that nice.

3. Fred Buzz

Fred Buzz Senior Member

If you think that's expensive, take a look here:

http://www.gbase.com/stores/gear/gearlist.aspx?gs=y&sf0=2&sd0=1&tf=1&ti0=35

There's a lot for sale there, use the navigation buttons at the top for more parts.
    I think I'll buy the 1958 Gibson Les Paul Special Rubber O ring Washer for just $499,-

They do have very detailed pictures of what they sell, but I don't think I'll become a customer...

Merry Christmas

4. JefeMaximo

JefeMaximo Huge Member Silver Supporting Member

Hey, you can finance it for only $2500/mo!

5. Fretburner

Fretburner Supporting Member

Some idot will buy it! Looks like it has those gross plastic inlays too! lol

6. SiloScience

SiloScience Member

I guess I'm just a total sandbilly. These things just blow my mind. $70 thousand dollar Dumbles. $25 thousand dollar Les Pauls. $500 Ibanez Tube Screamers. About a year ago, I remeber seeing a Jeff Beck Tele that literally looked like a Tele Standard that someone had dragged behind a pickup truck down a dirt road. It was $15k.

Pride is expensive these days.

7. Luke

Luke Senior Member

Funny, to me it screams pathetic wannabee desperately trying to fit in while simultaneously trying to show off their economic bounty to date.

8. fritferret

fritferret Member

this is why i will never buy a gibson! how the hell do you determine this thing is worth $25,000? given gibson's quality control issues, it really pisses me off that gibson can't put together an impeccable instrument for less than $5,000 or $10,000. and this is coming from someone who has always wanted a gibson. i recently read that gibson starting using cheaper clear finishes on their hitorics, which is ironic given the name of the instrument. i feel similarly about prs. i think the only way prs prices can be justified is in light if gibson's prices and quality ontrol issues.

anyway, i don't want to rant, and i'm happy so many people are completely satisfied w/ their purchases from these companies.

9. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Wait, are you suggesting that purchasing this guitar will not make me immediately play as well as Jeff Beck? I guess I better cancel that order, then.

10. Heinz W

Heinz W Genuine '66 Relic Gold Supporting Member

You know what's really scary? Someone will pay MORE than that for a Page LP! Over at the LPF I saw a thread awhile back where someone actually sold a signed 25k Page #1 LP reissue for $87,000!! That's quite a tidy profit.

11. SiloScience

SiloScience Member

Virtual Manhood takes on many forms.

12. the floyd

the floyd Member

This is just such perfect irony. Read this review of the Jeff Beck LP:

LMFAO! Genius. If only that review was genuine...

13. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

Okay, I have an Oxblood LP.
    The only difference I can see between mine and the Goldmine Oxblood is the neck profile being "exactly" like Jeff Beck's (don't care; my oxblood has the beefiest LP neck in creation - perfect for me), its "aged" (i'm getting there from simply playing the thing), and it has Jeff Beck's signature... (got me there)...

So basically I need to get Jeff Beck's signature, take a pic of him while he's autographing it and frame it (certificate of authenticity), and I'm pretty much there...
    That leaves $20K+ in the till..
    More than enough to buy a Page LP....

Meanwhile, back at the sanity farm, has anyone noticed that the Gibson Les Paul IS ALREADY a signature model.....?
    So what's next - in honor of his passing, a commemorative Les Paul signature model Les Paul..?

Happy Holidays

jb

14. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

You can buy that Jeff Beck LP at Alto Music for $4995, so that means MF wants $20 grand extra for an autograph and the cache' of saying, "Jeff Beck played this guitar."

Moronic? Absolutely. It's not worth $4995 in the first place. It's just an oxblood Les Paul that's not much different than any other garden variety LP that sells for $2000 or so.

15. colin617

colin617 Senior Member

I have a Jeff Beck guitar. It did not cost $25,000.

...it is also a strat.:cool:

16. NoahL

NoahL Member

And just how vintage are Burstbucker pickups?

17. guitarmandp

guitarmandp Member

If somebody is willing to pay $4,995 then it's worth $4,995. If somebody is willing to pay $25,000 it's worth $25,000

Also Harvey at Rainbow had one (not sure if he still has it), he offered to sell me it for $16,000. Musicians Friend can ask $25,000 but doesn't mean they will get it.

18. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Wow 25K and it has the crappiest bridge imaginable.

19. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

Meh...some corksniffer who knows three chords will buy it.

20. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

There's nothing new here. HJ made no secret that his marketing strategy for this type of LP is aimed at professionals with allot of disposable income. Although I'm a fan of Jeff Beck a traditional pro would make me much happier and I can always see one of the JB models next time I visit the dentist or my guitfiddling investment banker.:banana:hide