The 50 buck Deluxe

Alvis

'63 Massie Lancer ...basically the celebrated 5e3. Found at Guitar Center for $49 "as is" (not working)
I figured the speaker was worth $49 .The grille had been spray painted black.It's a 1x12 ,but somewhere near the physical size of a Peavey TNT
So I plunked down the cash and hurried it home
Someone had a rectifier plugged into a preamp socket .....Put everybody in their proper place n throw the switches ...

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
Sounds great and awesome deal. But how do you fit a rectifier tube into a preamp socket??

cugel

Silver Supporting Member
what a score. angry sounding little amp too. now if only i could find one...

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
'63 Massie Lancer ...basically the celebrated 5e3. Found at Guitar Center for $49 "as is" (not working)
I figured the speaker was worth $49 .The grille had been spray painted black.It's a 1x12 ,but somewhere near the physical size of a Peavey TNT
So I plunked down the cash and hurried it home
Someone had a rectifier plugged into a preamp socket .....Put everybody in their proper place n throw the switches ...

Dude! Wow that is a HUGE score. Sounds absolutely fantastic! Great playing on the demo btw.

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Nice score, Alvin. Now please use it to record your next electric album. ;)

bschultzjames

Whoa, everything about this is awesome! I even dig the look! Totally fits the raunchy tweed tones you're getting from it.

I like to hear this type of amp 'clean up' with just a change of pick attack. That kind of lively cleans is useful, ime. clean to snarl at the same volume....

mlj_gear

Cool score and cool tone! Do the volume controls interact like on a 5e3? I'm definitely not an expert on circuits, but the two schematics look a decent bit different in that area.

Alvis

Cool score and cool tone! Do the volume controls interact like on a 5e3? I'm definitely not an expert on circuits, but the two schematics look a decent bit different in that area.

If I remember correctly, the Massie actually has mix resistors

Alvis

You can see the orig. grille on this top view pic. Anyone know off the top of their head what cloth is a good match ? I have removed paint from grille cloths with a toothbrush n soap ,but I don't know if I'll go that far on this one

Had it re-coned since it was full of paint

Trending Topics

Top Bottom