the "65 amps" sound in a pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by aziltz, Oct 7, 2008.

1. aziltz

aziltz Member

Anyone know how i could get close to a Keith Urban/Springsteen Low-Gain sound (for solid chords and riffs) with a particular pedal in front of a mostly clean blues jr.? I know they are both into 65 Amps these days and I love that tone.

2. telefuzzfreak

telefuzzfreak Member

3. aziltz

aziltz Member

not really. i was hoping for a low gain OD pedal that has a similar vibe to the amps, something thats different from run of the mill ODs

4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

You would need some type of Vox inspired pedal, a few that come to mind are the BJF Emeral Green Distorion Machine and the Menatone Top Boost In A Can.

5. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

I play 65 Amps and can cop the cranked vibe of my amp with a Sparkle Driver (blending the gain and clean). Nothing beats the original cranked amp, but this pedal offers a similar vibe.

6. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

My old London I use to have got pretty dirty and chunky when pushed similar to a very tight and percussive JMP.

I can pretty much get that with my KOTv.4, my all time favorite OD pedal.

7. cber1517

cber1517 Member

I would recommend the Silver Kiss MkII from Catalinbread. It has the Vox vibe at low to medium gain settings plus the 3 band EQ really helps you dial it in to your amp and guitars.

:AOK

8. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

If this is true, then the new Way Huge Pork Loin should fit the bill as well. (one on the way!)

Hey Celestion 101- which amp do you have? Does it have the mid-bump? I was curious if that pedal above was a pedal version of their mid-bump on the amps.

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

Try a Gaspedal Carb if you can find one. Great low gain OD with some of that top end sparkle.

10. aziltz

aziltz Member

the TRex Moller is similiar to the sparkle drive right? Does it just make the clean signal switchable? Are the overdrives similar? I'm very weary of TS pedals, they don't sound so good in my rig.