The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

s360guitarist

Supporting Member
Yeah without fail mine are always underdone. I just have a large rectangular charcoal grill, I keep the meat on one side and the charcoal/wood chunks on the other. It requires CONSTANT monitoring of temperature and fuel.
Listen, that gas/pellet thing is the PRS of grilling. Get ya some charcoal, some wood chips, a Weber, and a 6pak of something and go to work.

(^^^Sorry, I just crack myself up sometimes.)

Seriously, for those that use charcoal try to do the Snake Method with the briquettes . Can cook for hours unattended without issue.

lakesider

Listen, that gas/pellet thing is the PRS of grilling. Get ya some charcoal, some wood chips, a Weber, and a 6pak of something and go to work.

Seriously, for those that use charcoal try to do the Snake Method with the briquettes . Can cook for hours unattended without issue.

Terrific video.
The Weber kettle is one of the greatest inventions.
Barely anything has changed on it since they started selling them in the '50's.
I wish I could use charcoal but my neighbors are too close.

erksin

When I move in another year or so, I’m gonna get me a new grill. I’ve had a Weber Genesis Nat Gas grill for 20 years now and it’s on its last legs. I love the convenience of Nat Gas - I can grill something in less than an hour. Don’t know if I wanna spend that kinda dough again though.

A few friends have those ‘Egg’ looking grills and they all rave about them. I fail to see how they’re all that different from a Weber kettle though...

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I use a Weber for smoking, but it's of the Smokey Mountain variety (vertical smoker). But yeah, charcoal all the way when smoking. I totally go propane when grilling, though (also Weber).

mdrake34

My Weber kettle is my every day griller. I used to smoke on it too, but mom gave me her big Charbroil charcoal grill and that style grill is what dad always used. I use it for smoking and when I need to grill more food than the Weber can hold.

I wouldn’t mind a 2 burner gas grill for weeknight use.

lakesider

When I move in another year or so, I’m gonna get me a new grill. I’ve had a Weber Genesis Nat Gas grill for 20 years now and it’s on its last legs. I love the convenience of Nat Gas - I can grill something in less than an hour. Don’t know if I wanna spend that kinda dough again though.

A few friends have those ‘Egg’ looking grills and they all rave about them. I fail to see how they’re all that different from a Weber kettle though...

Those Eggs don't last like the Webers do. My neighbor's died after 3 years.
My little Weber Q320 is going strong 9 years in.
I text my upstairs neighbor when I'm about to fire it up.
Pre-heat for 10 minutes and usually cook for no more than 10 minutes so it's on and off in 20 for my neighbors.
You don't have to go all the way to the Genysis to get Weber quality.

triggercut

Spent the last half hour cleaning out the electric smoker, I haven’t used it since last year and it needed a good scrubbing. Planning on smoking a turkey breast Friday as the kickoff to anniversary weekend (12th edition) next weekend.
At some point I need to fix my Weber grill, the lighter isn’t working. I tried replacing the battery inside the igniter, but no luck.