The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

Tom Von Kramm

Gold Supporting Member
Oh and Braunzo, please don't think I'm directing anything at you. While I was building today I was evaluating this thing mentally because the whole time I was staring right at my LP on the wall. It took me a while to dismiss it as typical corporate BS that has nothing to do with our art.

Oh and Braunzo, please don't think I'm directing anything at you. While I was building today I was evaluating this thing mentally because the whole time I was staring right at my LP on the wall. It took me a while to dismiss it as typical corporate BS that has nothing to do with our art.
@Braunzo, all my rantings are ALL directed at you. You, you, bad man, you!

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
I've always wondered why TGP is so interested in the business/legal/corporate end of the music biz. I can't think of anything more boring.

Smoke coming out of Ace's three-pickup LP, Jimmy smacking the strings on his LP with a violin bow, Steve Jones straddling the stage monitors while grinding his dingy white stickered LP Custom, Joan Jett banging away on her LPJ, Angus strutting with his batwing SG, Pete M'F'n Townshend spread-eagle with his SG Special: None of this cool stuff has anything to do with what the dicks back in the corporate office are doing.
It's not boring to me. I care about what businesses do and how they conduct themselves, whether music oriented or otherwise. And I tend to make purchases accordingly to the best of my ability.

But that usually (usually) has more to do with social issues/values, as @christophervolume mentioned, rather than just corporate greed or something like that --- although that factors into it, too, depending on my personal connection to things.

Braunzo

Gibson ES-333 2002
https://reverb.com/item/25924182-gibson-es-333-2002?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Not my ad, but smoking good deal on a looker if you want to get into the hollow body world.

Unless internet videos poke your feel-bads.
That is hot. Someone buy that.
I didn’t take it as anything more than what was said. I genuinely was curious everyone’s opinions. As someone who works in MI (and used to be a Gibson dealer moons ago), I am interested in the business aspect of it. And there are brands I for sure won’t buy on personal beliefs. I just don’t like bullies. But dammit, it’s the cool bully you still wanna ham it up with. Gibson is the Todd to my Beavis and Butthead.
@Braunzo, all my rantings are ALL directed at you. You, you, bad man, you!
Dude. I’m literally the worst. THE WÜRST.

Tom Von Kramm

Gold Supporting Member
It's not boring to me. I care about what businesses do and how they conduct themselves, whether music oriented or otherwise. And I tend to make purchases accordingly to the best of my ability.

But that usually (usually) has more to do with social issues/values, as @christophervolume mentioned, rather than just corporate greed or something like that --- although that factors into it, too, depending on my personal connection to things.
I totally get that. From my perspective I am a recent escapee from the asylum and I ain't going back never! They'll hafta kill me first!

The Jimmy John’s guy is a fat sack of **** that murders “trophy” animals in Africa, but damn he makes tasty sandwiches that I still buy.
My wife attempted to boycott WalMart. It lasted about a week. It’s hard to beat a place that sells everything and never closes.
I’m a better person than you both, clearly. I don’t support either of those companies. And they didn’t even release a 2 minute internet video spawned of Lucifer.

#playauthenticfakeSGsand
fakelespauls

Last edited:

John H

Silver Supporting Member
I'm afraid that, if we exiled or boycotted everyone with whom we disagree, we'd find ourselves more than alone. That being said, even if the economic impact is minute, I have not given my business to and have even divested myself of products from the most objectionable to me. Included are some pedal manufacturers, just to remain on the topic of the forum.

Anyone else listening to William Tyler?

therhodeo

My ability and willingness to boycott restaurants is on a sliding scale. Jimmy John’s is easy because their food sucks. Chik-Fil-A is harder because damn those nuggets are righteous and their food is often catered in to our office for breakfast meetings.
Chikfila is easy because it's expensive, always has a huge line, and gives me gas worse than any other food on the planet.

Trending Topics