The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bobbofallenstar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. triggercut

triggercut Member

I think that we must have been thinking along the same wavelength...slow cooker chicken tacos for us yesterday.

erksin, PlexiFuzz, LordByron and 2 others like this.
  2. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I have never played a DRRI or noiseless pickups. Like my Statler & Waldorf t-shirt says, I’m old school.

3. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

4. pdodge77

pdodge77 Supporting Member

I popped into a great little guitar store in Annapolis on Wednesday. It’s just a mile or so from where Paul’s original shop was located. It’s cool because they get lots of early, pre-factory guitars and employee guitars in there. If memory serves, employees get to build a personal guitar at 5, 10, 20 years etc.

Either way, they had some really cool stuff. And they seem to specialize in used PRS. I might pop in with my CE24 one day and see what they’d offer. I loved it in the store where I bought it, but at home, I’m not bonding with it.

Speaking of which, Marrguar guys - how much better is it than a standard Jag? The whole pickups in series thing seems like it would add a lot of versatility. I don’t own a short scale guitar or anything with the Jag/JM trem. Seems like something I should have.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too. Silver Supporting Member

Looks like EHX just released a pedal that might do what I wanted a bit more elegantly than using two different ABY boxes:

[​IMG]

6. erksin

erksin Member

I was told there’d be no math

7. PlexiFuzz

It's a lot of knobs, for sure ...

Maybe something like the Saturnworks Dual Parallel is a bit more palatable for folks like us:

[​IMG]

8. tubby

tubby Member

I made a mistake over the holiday. I took a few pedals that have just been sitting on the shelf gathering dust and setup a stereo rig. Next thing I knew I bought a stereo tremolo and have been haggling over a stereo reverb. I cannot be trusted with money or free time. Buddy Miller is a bad influence.

Cornbread, jawajt, John H and 8 others like this.
  9. PlexiFuzz

That would be an apt title for my autobiography.

ClinchFX, Garygtr, tubby and 7 others like this.
  10. shikawkee

shikawkee The One True King

Curious that EHX, the company that sues people to protect their intellectual property, comes out with a matrix mixer very similar to the VFE Klein Bottle.

ClinchFX, Andy J., Garygtr and 5 others like this.
  11. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

I got a judge to laugh a couple of years ago in a hearing when I said "I was an English major in college and then went to law school so I wouldn't have to deal with math, but we've got to dive into the numbers here."

12. waylon

waylon Member

went to see the Stones and come back over 10 pages behind...

covers vs originals-we play a handful of covers at most shows. we play a lot in what i would consider the cover band circuit but we do mostly originals. in a 3 hour gig we might play 7 or so covers w/ the rest of the tunes being originals.

i'm 39....wish i had half the energy Mick Jagger does...goodness gracious. Keef!!!

ClinchFX, hubberjub, Garygtr and 9 others like this.
  13. erksin

erksin Member

RoboMick

14. waylon

waylon Member

we did get a cover of Mercy, Mercy that was mentioned a few pages back...supposedly the 1st time played since the Hyde Park Brian Jones show...

Val Diaz, ChampReverb, erksin and 3 others like this.
  15. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Speaking of the law(lz), @LordByron @whatdisay @tigerfan2 we had a $125 million dollar wrongful death verdict in my county on Monday against a low-income housing building where a resident died. Highest verdict in this county's history by a substantial amount. :bong

16. tubby

tubby Member

Made me think of this that recently happened here in SuFu. https://mix97-3.com/woman-injured-during-copper-lounge-collapse-loses-lawsuit/
    One of the construction workers died and a woman was buried alive in her apartment. I think the construction company filed bankruptcy and there might be some manslaughter charges or something against the owners. IDK, I don't play a PRS.

UPDATE! https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...tigation-hits-year-2-no-end-sight/1260051001/

PlexiFuzz, shikawkee and LordByron like this.
  17. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    The Marr-guar is my first actual Jag/Jazz (I've had other J-Types, including My Novo Serus J.)

I complete and utterly love my Marr-guiar. The series setting is great to thicken things up when needed. The neck is fantastic too and I love the Trem. It is a killer guitar. Full stop.

18. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    Somebody's buying a John Mayer PRS Super Eagle II this weekend! ;)

19. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Fedex was closed by the time the Cure seller got back Wednesday, and was closed yesterday also, but we've spoken on the phone (he's super apologetic and keeps thanking me for my patience) and he just dropped it off at Fedex, called to make sure someone would sign for it at the address I wanted it sent to, so I gave him my office instead of home address since it will get here Tuesday.

FonzieDog, jawajt, LordByron and 6 others like this.
  20. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

I'm not sure what coverage there was, if it was just a standard $1 million CGL or if they had any umbrella coverage. It's going to get tied up in appeals for years, the building will get shut down (and it needed to, but it will create about 200 homeless folks), and I assume the operating company will be filing for Chapter 11. The whole thing is a mess.

LordByron, tigerfan2 and shikawkee like this.