The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

hubberjub

I'm the odd man out I guess. Everybody keeps talking about how good Stranger Things 3 was and I just don't see it. The homages to 80's icons were too on the nose (even for a show that already catches hell for that), the story was too big in scale, constantly hitting you over the head with 80's hits instead of using more original music, and characters that were cartoonish compared to the prior seasons. I still liked it a lot and I'm a complete sucker for the 80's nostalgia thing, but it just was too big and over the top. To be clear, it's still one of my favorite shows. I've watched both Stranger Things and Stranger Things 2 multiple times.

Positives though: creature design, production value (thanks for the money Burger King and Coke!), Maya Hawke, and pacing. It was also pretty funny.
Have you watched Red Oaks on Prime? Definite '80s nostalgia show. It even stars Paul Reiser.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
That was my rationale. I occasionally attenuate a little just to get amp drive at pleasant volume. But mostly, I am using the Mini Mass as a dummy load with the Two Notes Cab M so I can play silently.

If money weren’t an issue, I would have bought the OX so as to have a single piece solution.
Buddy Miller enjoys the Ox.

-bEn r.

s360guitarist

Silver Supporting Member
The rig rundown pic of his pedalboard looks like the Supa Trem 2 is the last in the chain. Delay appears to be running in stereo too.
Ok, so what pedals am I looking at for stereo in and stereo out?

Walrus v1, EHX stereo pulsar, Fulltone, etc. ?

jawajt

Ok, so what pedals am I looking at for stereo in and stereo out?

Walrus v1, EHX stereo pulsar, Fulltone, etc. ?
Swindler makes a nice, compact stereo trem. Or if you can find a Young Pedals Looker Tremolo, that also has stereo ins and outs. I have both, and they sound great. They both also have a panning option, which can be really fun. DLS also makes a stereo in/out trem.

jawajt

I had their Chorus~Vib for about a year (2004/5 - before I got my SCH-1) - they make some really decently-appointed, well-built stuff. It was a little dry for my taste (especially compared to the Arion), but if it had sounded as lush as the SCH-1 it would still be on my board.

Yeah, they make high quality stuff. I’ve had a few of their pedals, including both chorus pedals. They sound great, but I can see what you’re saying about the Chorus-Vib. The newer sounded a little more lush to me. I just wish their enclosures weren’t so large.

erksin

Yeah, they make high quality stuff. I’ve had a few of their pedals, including both chorus pedals. They sound great, but I can see what you’re saying about the Chorus-Vib. The newer sounded a little more lush to me. I just wish their enclosures weren’t so large.
Really wanted their Roto-Sim until I heard the clips... :(

Trending Topics