The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

therhodeo

Fun/dorky fact about his guitar, he ended up tuning his 2nd string to C# and using the knee lever to raise up to D and D#, instead of the other way around.

Now this is my kinda pedal talk!
Yeah I think I knew that he had some setup quirks that added to his personality on the instrument. Did he have a D or G on top of the C6 neck?

Prairie Belt

Yeah I think I knew that he had some setup quirks that added to his personality on the instrument. Did he have a D or G on top of the C6 neck?
That's a good question, I'm not sure and couldn't find much info on his C6 copedent. He seemed to change things up on his tuning as the guitars progressed, probably did both at some point. It's cool how the guys who came up with the instrument while it was being developed would do their own thing and adapt depending on what the guitars were capable of.

I briefly tried the high G on C6 but stick with a D now. It seems to make more sense, since that functions like the top two strings on E9.

Pablomago

I used to see Buddy a lot when he replaced Jerry in the NRPS. Besides Buddy and David Nelson, who else is in the NRPS these days?

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Don’t know if any of you follow Peter Stroud on FB/IG, but for his 60th Sheryl Crow arranged for him to play the gig that night using Duane Allman’s Gold Top. Pretty damned cool...
That's cool. He's a Southerner too. I'm sure that meant a lot to him.

I approve of the way that estate is getting that guitar into players' hands. It's a great way to honor Duane's legacy.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
It's been ages since I bought a pedal, but I pulled the trigger today.

I've been wanting a character preamp style pedal for recording bass. This particular one has some interesting features. It passes through a clean signal at unity gain, and you can dial in the amp sim character independently. It has a little bit of compression going on too.

I think I'll dig it for bass, but it may also come in handy for electric guitar. I have a Rockett Archer on my board at the moment, mostly for a mid-focused dirty boost for solos. This could easily serve the same function, as could my old DLS v2.

I had $165 in Reverb Bucks and the seller accepted my offer of $159 :D

hubberjub

The only thing that turns me on at the Eastwood site is the Senn baritone
I almost bought one, but I couldn't get a straight answer about whether the quality of the Eastwoods was worth it. I even had a couple of exchanges with Jeff and didn't come across convinced.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
I almost bought one, but I couldn't get a straight answer about whether the quality of the Eastwoods was worth it. I even had a couple of exchanges with Jeff and didn't come across convinced.
That's my real hesitation too. I figure I'd probably be happier getting a conversion neck and having my guy set one up for me.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
It's been ages since I bought a pedal, but I pulled the trigger today.

I've been wanting a character preamp style pedal for recording bass. This particular one has some interesting features. It passes through a clean signal at unity gain, and you can dial in the amp sim character independently. It has a little bit of compression going on too.

I think I'll dig it for bass, but it may also come in handy for electric guitar. I have a Rockett Archer on my board at the moment, mostly for a mid-focused dirty boost for solos. This could easily serve the same function, as could my old DLS v2.

I had $165 in Reverb Bucks and the seller accepted my offer of $159 :D

Now all you need to do is find a $6 pedal.

-bEn r.

Trending Topics