The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

ChampReverb

Silver Supporting Member
I thought this thread was dead. I've not seen it on regular front page rotation as before.
Unfortunately, most of the prior inhabitants of this thread succumbed in a large hot tub accident. “Lime and Liver” flavored Jell-O shots were involved over the course of a hot afternoon, and as the hot tub waters churned wildly with a steady stream of burrito bubbles and “recycled beer” foam someone had the very bright idea to attempt to gather the amps around and jam in the water. All was well, despite the occasional teeth-clenching shock, until a runaway faulty water heater rose steadily high enough to cause some of the sub-Mensa inebriants to nod off and slip slowly below the waves. Were it not for the later explosion (burrito methane off-gassing, guitar sparks) it is thought that some might have actually survived the submersion in the highly aerated waters...

-bEn r.

John H

Silver Supporting Member
Unfortunately, most of the prior inhabitants of this thread succumbed in a large hot tub accident. “Lime and Liver” flavored Jell-O shots were involved over the course of a hot afternoon, and as the hot tub waters churned wildly with a steady stream of burrito bubbles and “recycled beer” foam someone had the very bright idea to attempt to gather the amps around and jam in the water. All was well, despite the occasional teeth-clenching shock, until a runaway faulty water heater rose steadily high enough to cause some of the sub-Mensa inebriants to nod off and slip slowly below the waves. Were it not for the later explosion (burrito methane off-gassing, guitar sparks) it is thought that some might have actually survived the submersion in the highly aerated waters... -bEn r.
Shocking!

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t post here much, but miss this thread. Maybe to get it going, whats everyone running on their pedalboards these days?

spinal tap

I’m really enjoying the Chase Tone Secret Pre. It’s become an always-on pedal at the end of my albeit short signal chain following a Red Panda Context Reverb and a Keeley Compressor Plus after the Boss tuner. If anyone has any overdrive suggestions that play well with the Secret Pre, I’d love to hear them.

FWIW, I miss this thread, too. I’m not much of a contributer, but I sure enjoy it. If it gets going again, I’ll try to add more to the conversation if I can.

I feel like alt-country has fallen by the wayside and I’m the last man standing at the roller rink in my Members Only jacket.

Trending Topics