• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Alt. Country Club: Thrice Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pale Rider

Gold Supporting Member

sandman

noooooooo...beat me to it!! twas a question of minutes...

I was gonna call it 'Revisited'! Isn't it cooler in Dylan H61 vein...

I wonder if it's possible to rename a thread :rolleyes:

erksin

If we are keeping an accurate count, this will actually be the fourth time around.

Is this some kind of record? When are the previous threads going to be re-released in deluxe edition with previously unseen video footage on dvd and the 54 page insert book?

I might have to hold off on starting my dream early 60's fender amp collection...well a 6G6-B bassman and a 6G2 princeton. My taxes are going to go towards something else. Hopefully some funds will be left over to start a savings towards.

Bobby D

YEAH!

nice vids......

pic from our show last night playing with David Allen Coe.

we completely DESTROYED the place, it was awesome. of course, that's what you get when you rehearse for a month for one show :cool:

Lampasas

Geez, I step away from the computer for a couple of hours, come back, and everything has changed. Does this mean I have to go through the vetting process all over again? Who do I send my tax forms to? :worried

Bobby D

Bobby-
Now I understand the LEDs of your DL-4-nice guitar!
hahahaha.....yeah, it makes sense now, doesn't it?

my '69 is one beat up, modded, and customized BEAST.

someone in the 80s routed the body and installed the floyd I DID NOT DO IT!!!!:huh

then the body was refinned a proper shade of surf green (NOT seafoam)

neck is pretty much original, except for the BIG ASS FRETS! love those...

i have a few dimarzio HS series pickups in there, old ones i have been using since the 80s. back pickup is a newer Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Solo Pro, sounds like a P90!

i rescued that guitar years ago from a pawn shop in south miami.....and she's been my workhorse ever since.

still got a MAJOR jones for a good blackguard tele, tho....or a les paul special with 2 P90s.....

pepperco

Silver Supporting Member
and I still will not be a member of any
club that would have me as a member....

(but I will read all of the posts ....;-)

Philly Fuzz

Does the Screwdriver cover Red Llama Tones?
I'm at the end (I hope ) of the wait for a SD Deluxe but I'm in need of some sweet fuzzy goodness and I've been thinking maybe a clone of the RL would be good, but the Mule seems to lack a lil' magic
Funny you posted this! I'm moving on from a Red Llama clone (a lovekraft, but I've also had the Mule) back to a Screwdriver! I'm looking to it for the same thing you are. Hoping second time is the charm with the SD for me. Should be getting it soon.

I like Red Llama clones ok, but they add a lot of low-end woofiness for my taste.

I think you'll be able to dial in the SD Deluxe to your liking. Erksin uses his for fuzzy, alt country sounds.... OTOH, Missfortune swears by his Mule, so....

hbentley

i've tried a screwdriver and an original red lama, but keep coming back to my '69 fuzz. something about it just sounds more real to my ears. the red lama and screwdriver seem to react differently to low and high strings if that makes sense while the fuzziness of the '69 seems more natural through all the strings. the SD and RL are clearer in the top which is great, but it just doesn't sound and feel right to me. i guess i've just played a true fuzz for too long.

Philly Fuzz

i've tried a screwdriver and an original red lama, but keep coming back to my '69 fuzz.
You had to go and add a third choice to the mix didn't ya! bastard... :p

(yes, I would like to try a '69 fuzz someday...and actually you can find some half-decent prices on them these days...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics